• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feel like a yo-yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Just when I think that I've accepted (somewhat accepted) that Joey is gone, I get thrown right back into the emotional rollercoaster. But, I believe that I'd rather have some hope than no hope.

Thursday we got a call from hubby's friend who lives in the town where we lost Joey saying that there was an article, kind of like an editorial, in the newspaper where a person states that they have been watching a small yellowish-greenish bird that is small like a parakeet but definitely not a parakeet.. They go on to say that it is a small parrot with a parrot like beak and a little tail. Sounds an awful lot like Joey! :o:) But, the person does not give his name, a way to contact him, or his location other than in Williamsport MD. But they did say that they contacted the SPCA.

Hmm. I called the SPCA in that area when we lost Joey. Shouldn't they have called me? Well, Friday I had a doctors appt but when I got back there was a message on my answering machine where a person saw one of my fliers and called me regarding the editorial. A perfect stranger called me to tell me about this :o:) There are nice people out there!

All during my appt, I just kept thinking how I had to get back home so I could call the SPCA. Get home, call them and there is no record of a sighted bird. There is also no record of my report of a lost bird!!!??? :( But, the woman I talked to was not the person in charge of the lost and found. She was in a meeting but the woman said that she would have her call me as soon as she gets out of her meeting.

No one ever called :o:( We weren't home all weekend so I couldn't call Saturday but you betcha that I WILL be calling tomorrow! Grrrr!!!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im so sorry. But there is hope. There is always hope. Hang in there:hug8:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
J But, I believe that I'd rather have some hope than no hope.
Me too and I hope you're able to find out the location of the sighting. Good luck!

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Thank you Mercedes (sorry. for the misspelling...I can't type it the right way because that key doesn't work! LOL) and thank you Karen. Not a day doesn't go by that I don't think about him and miss him so much!

MollyMouse

Sherry how frustrating for you :hug8: I keep praying for you and Joey.

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Thanks MM, Saemma, and Marlene.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im still praying that Joey makes his way home to you.

pineview01

We still keep Joey in our thoughts. That is why when I read about people taking in a bird and think their lucky I cross-post like I did today.

Last edited:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Sherry I sure hope this may be Joey. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I am so hoping it is your Joey. :hug8:

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
How frustrating. Still praying that Joey makes it home safely. Please, never give up hope. We've seen miracles happen in this neighborhood all the time. :hug8::hug8::hug8:

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Have you tried contacting the newspaper?Maybe they've given contact details even if they're not published. If so, possibly the newspaper would be willing/able to help you get in touch with that person somehow?

...Thursday we got a call from hubby's friend who lives in the town where we lost Joey saying that there was an article, kind of like an editorial, in the newspaper where a person states that they have been watching a small yellowish-greenish bird that is small like a parakeet but definitely not a parakeet.. They go on to say that it is a small parrot with a parrot like beak and a little tail. Sounds an awful lot like Joey! :o:) But, the person does not give his name, a way to contact him, or his location other than in Williamsport MD. But they did say that they contacted the SPCA...

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I also would call the newspaper!
Give them the story about Joey and what all you have gone through and how this "letter" has given you hope again...Maybe the "editor" will write about you/Joey and the person will contact you!
:hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I also would call the newspaper!
Give them the story about Joey and what all you have gone through and how this "letter" has given you hope again...Maybe the "editor" will write about you/Joey and the person will contact you!
:hug8:
Great idea!! I'm praying that you find little Joey... :hug8:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Have you tried contacting the newspaper?Maybe they've given contact details even if they're not published. If so, possibly the newspaper would be willing/able to help you get in touch with that person somehow?

That's what I was thinking too.... I sure hope it gets Joey back to you!

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
All these editorials are phoned in and it is anonymous. However, I have been in contact with the newspaper via facebook and they said I should call in and leave a message to be posted along with my phone number. :D Maybe this person will see it.Thanks for all the hugs and prayers. You have no idea how much they are appreciated.

Tiger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tiger
:hug8:Hang in there! I am praying that this mystery person is the person in the paper. I am praying that Joey comes home to you. I know that Joey is missing his flock and his mommy. Please have faith. Faith will bring Joey home safe and sound to you. I would call the humane office and see if there is anything new that they can tell you. Lots and lots of prayers.:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.