• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feeding birds outside

Diyah

Moving in
Real Name
Diyah
Hello, my mom feeds the birds outside every year and puts a bowl of water for them on the back yard and front yard. I'm afraid of letting her feed the birds with the news about the flu going around within birds. But I know she wont listen I have been trying for so long to some how make her listen. She agreed not to feed the birds but said she will still place a bowl of water. Will there be any fear that I should be aware of

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If she wishes to leave water out, I would highly recommend disinfecting and cleaning it thoroughly very regularly.

Maybe othr members will have more advice or tips to add... :)

Diyah

Moving in
Real Name
Diyah
Thank you, but if the bird is sick could it affect my bird as well

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
As long as she is not bring the water bowl inside and is practicing safe sanitizing before coming into home. By safe sanitizing I mean all equipment is washed outside well away from house, including bleaching outside, no shoes from outside come indoors, hands washed with warm water & soap.
Right now they are not recommending feeding or water outdoor birds in my area either

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Right now they are not recommending feeding or water outdoor birds in my area either
@Diyah If your local govt/council are saying not to feed the birds, then I wouldn't leave water out either. Or at least call and check what is allowed and not allowed.