• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

F10 disinfectant

miah

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi I have F10SC. It's the super concentrated form. Following recommended dilution, the air can be misted to eradicate airborne viruses and bacteria. Can I mist the air in the room where the budgie is or do I need to move my bird to another room? I know the label says it's non-toxic, but as for inhaling, I'm unsure. Regarding misting the air, it's mentioned on the label to wear a facemask if irritation occurs... Also, if I was to spray it on floors/tables and the odd particles float into the air, would it be harmful?

Also, can bird cages be cleaned with it while the bird is inside? Because of mixed answers I came across, I plan on removing perches, dishes, toys and cleaning them outside the cage. However, as for the cage itself, can I clean with f10 while budgie is still inside?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yes you can F10 is absolutely non-toxic. Many people (especially in England and the Mideast) nebulize their birds with F10.