• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Expiration Dates on Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
i am talking with the vendor. i received a large shipment of bird food today and some expires next month and some in august. i was quite shocked. So i decided to find out from you all if my outrage is justified :lol:
I wouldn't like that either. I've started buying my Harrison's right from Harrison's. I like knowing I'm getting the freshest.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I wouldn't like that either. I've started buying my Harrison's right from Harrison's. I like knowing I'm getting the freshest.

i was doing that...ordering each item from the manufacturer directly. Shipping was really excessive that way though i was very happy like you knowing it is fresh as can be. I've learned that Parrotworld has a food freshness guarantee and they carry most of the foods I order regularly :)

Spinderella

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chloe

i was doing that...ordering each item from the manufacturer directly. Shipping was really excessive that way though i was very happy like you knowing it is fresh as can be. I've learned that Parrotworld has a food freshness guarantee and they carry most of the foods I order regularly :)
Awe! Thanks for the mention! :) We do in fact have a food freshness guarantee:

ParrotWorld.net said:
You can purchase food through ParrotWorld.net with the peace of mind that you're only getting the very best. All food is sold fresh in factory sealed bags, we do not sell expired food, or food that has been repackaged from bulk. You can feel at ease; we only offer our shoppers products that meet the expectations of us and we feel are safe enough for our own pets.
We would never sell expired/close to expiration date food on purpose, but if we ever accidentally shipped an item that was expired, we would give a refund or replace the food.

:)

Spinderella

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chloe

I always used to make it a point to request a far far away expiration date but then started taking it for granted. So when i tried this new source i forgot to fuss about it :eek::p
i buy 1 lb bags so they stay fresh, if they come to me fresh that is, :)
Awe! That's too bad. Hopefully you guys can work something out! :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Awe! That's too bad. Hopefully you guys can work something out! :)
Thanks Angie :)
The vendor is taking care of the issue very satisfactorily.
I am very pleased with their handling of the matter.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Merlie, I have a Seal a Meal as well :) I use it frequently for my own stuff, but vacuum seal portions of Bird Paradise's blend so that it stays fresh for my birdies!

Status
Not open for further replies.