• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Experience with Birds Comfort online store?

ejaehnig

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erin
Hello-
Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct forum. I tried to do a search but wasn't successful, I'm still trying to get used to the search feature.

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) ordering from Birds Comfort? (www.birdscomfort.com) ?

I am looking at ordering a cage from them, just waiting for a shipping quote. They are about the only ones I have found that carries the cage I want but does not ship it for "free"; assuming their shipping quote comes back lower than the other online stores that have shipping built into the price I was going to order from them.

Just thought I'd check first to see if anyone has any feedback on them, it is a large purchase so just want to be sure they are a good company to buy from.

Thanks in advance!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think maybe @rockybird bought a double-flight from them?

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) ordering from Birds Comfort? (www.birdscomfort.com) ?
I have never ordered from them.

I am looking at ordering a cage from them, just waiting for a shipping quote. They are about the only ones I have found that carries the cage I want but does not ship it for "free"; assuming their shipping quote comes back lower than the other online stores that have shipping built into the price I was going to order from them.
I always email and ask for price quotes even if they say it's free shipping. I give them my zip code and they quote me a price using the actual shipping costs. I do try to choose a store that is close to me. Every time the price quote has been lower than what was advertised. That 'free shipping' price is for the longest distance as well as the shortest distance so if you choose an online store that is nearby, you may get a better price than advertised by asking.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

ejaehnig

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erin
Wayfair did come up in my online search; they do sell the cage I want - their price is a bit better than others ($957 vs $980) with shipping included in the price. Was just trying to see if I could beat that price :)

Here is the cage I'm looking for: A&E Cage Co. Enormous Double Macaw Bird Cage & Reviews | Wayfair

Birds Comfort lists it for $799 without shipping; I'm still waiting on a shipping quote from them however. AE8040FL Enormous Double Macaw Cage 80x40 - by BirdsComfort.com

Karen; I didn't realize you could still get a shipping quote from the companies that sell it with shipping included in the price; I'll have to try that.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That's a nice cage!

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes, I have ordered from both companies and had good experiences. I was less than impressed with the quality of a cage, which had some damage, that I ordered from wayfair and they more than made it right. I do not believe it was their fault, but the fault of the manufacturer.

I also recently ordered a double flight cage from birdscomfort and they were terrific as well. They were out of stock and awaiting a shipment of cages. THey kept me updated as to when they would arrive in the US. I expected a few weeks wait but I received it a week after I ordered it! I did pay extra for shipping and it was more than I would have paid anywhere else, but they were the only ones that had this particular cage in white. I probably paid $40 extra just to get it in white, but it was worth it. The cage looks fabulous.

That is a great looking cage. Birdscomfort was very responsive by email. Ask if they can match the price if it comes back higher than expected.

I highly recommend both companies and would not hesitate to order from either again.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I have that giant double macaw cage. Two infact. A&E cages.

I have bought two cages from Birds Comfort.

I have mixed feelings over the purchase.

When I bought my double macaw cage from them I was told the wheels would be BIG. But they weren't infact the wheels are so tiny the weight of the macaw cage bent the wheels so now the cage stands on its LEGS. BUT overall the cage is excellent. No chipping of paint (GREEN CAGE) and bars are sturdy. A&E white giants doubles' paint chips easy.

Then the double flight cage I bought, white. Had good good wheels. Held well.

ejaehnig

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erin
Bokkapooh- Thanks for the input on both the company and the cage. Good to know about your experience with the wheels. Do you know if it is possible to replace the wheels the way the cage is constructed? Do you currently have two macaws in your cage? Just curious how you thought it works size-wise if you do have two macaws in it.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
The regular (64"x32") Double macaw cage I have is HQ. And it houses one female umbrella cockatoo.

The wheels TWIST on, unlike the A&E giant doubles I have. The two giant doubles I have, houses one bird each. My scarlet macaw is in one and my oldest male U2 is in the other.

I did have my phone youngest U2 and my macaw housed side by Side in the same cage (divider in). And it worked for a SHORT TIME. Its honestly just too small for two macaws with the divider in. So now my macaw is in it by herself and my youngest male umbrella cockatoo is housed in a 48"x36" Victorian top. And they are all happy.

If you do end up housing two birds in the cage with a divided I recommend PLEXIGLASS. Although my macaw and my youngest U2 get along. Caged with divider in = toes being bit.