• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Emma in her Adventure Pack carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dance5:In the spring, summer and fall I try to take my girlies out as much as possible for some direct sunlight and accustom them to new people and new environments. Here are a few pics of Emma at the park after dinner.:hehe:

Attachments

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
We have one as well...for our Hahns mini macaw. Works fabulous as a sleep cage for the times we bring 1-2 of our birds on overnight trips.
Emma seems to like it!

Here is a back pack carrier that we bought 12 years ago....
We bought the very first one the company made! They added our YNA's name
(embroidery) to the pack.

These carriers were called "Poco Packs". Sadly, the woman who made then passed away several years ago.

The company is now called Green Parrot - here is the site:
Green Parrot Company - Custom Parrot Travel Carriers

And here is me, with the Poco Pack and Diego inside- 1pic was taken around 10 years ago - OMG, I was 25 lbs heavier back then:) :) Yikes....

By the way, the Poco Pack is still like brand new. And still my favorite carrier for medium sized parrots (CAG, zons, ekkies, etc)

Doris

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Emma is such a sweet girl, she seems to like it

where did you get your carrier?

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The Poco Pack seems interesting. Is it light?

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
The Poco Pack seems interesting. Is it light?
Yes, very lightweight. The frame is made of pvc pipe, the perch inside is dragonwood.
It has 2 food cups.
The sides are Stainless Steel mesh, and of course the flaps roll up or down as needed.
And adjustable shoulder straps.
The Poco Pack came out long before the Adventure Pack - I believe the rolled up "tent" flaps became a feature that several other carrier manufacturers used.

We have used the Poco Pack for overnight as well, for Diego - who the carrier was made for.

I've had many odd looks while walking with this thing on my back, over the years.
Cleo, the woman who designed it, and has long since passed away, sold many of them, after so many people saw ours at Bird shows, etc.

Cleo had an original, unqiue and well made product. We were pleased that Green Parrot Company took after Cleo's death.

Doris

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I have the adventure pack also!! :dance4:
:hehe: Emma is so pretty in the sun :D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Emma is such a sweet girl, she seems to like it

where did you get your carrier?
I am very pleased with Adventure Pack travel carrier. Have had it for almost 3 years.
It is made entirely of a very lightweight stainless steel. When I wear it.. .. I "usually" wear it in the front so that I can see "exactly what is going on. Once I wore it from the back .. and to my horror when I turned around there was this "cat" that had been following me.:eek::eek::eek: My poor Sachi.:hug8:
The only thing I had issue with was the flimsy snaps on the "canvas" ..
Now I am SUPER happy with it because I took it to my "shoemaker" explained my needs and he replaced all the "cheap snaps" with Super strong quality ones and lined the interior with sturdy leather so I can snap on and off as OFTEN as I please and not worry about the canvas "tearing or ripping" prematurely!!:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

I had purchased it from a place that was awesome but they no longer seem to have an online store anymore. :(:(I intend to purchase another one and I would purchase it from here Gg. Apparently they are very reliable, efficient and professional.:)

Adventure Pack Travel Bird Cage, $5 Shipping in US and Canada just $20 more!

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
What cute pics..I also have one with a blue cover...I use the cage as a hospital cage and porch cage as well.

Purchasing it was a nightmare...the soon to be exhusband stole my money and I never got a carrier...turns out there was a messy divorce, I had to file with my CC company and when the wife partner found out she did sent me one...but the base was cracked and I had to wait for a replacement. Surprised they are still in business actually, but perhaps they worked out their divorce.

Either way, I am happy with the carrier, thought the canvas is super tight and touch to get on sometimes.
Doris is yours light? I might consider one for Nani, my M2, as the Adventure pack is a bit small for her....I would need to get the larger size for her.

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes.. I heard about the "flying South" company. Never purchased my adventure pack from there due to the horrible feedback posted by other forum members.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
That is exactly where I got mine...but they were the owners of the company....they made the packs? Thought I would get super service...I never heard of the problems unfortunately....

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is exactly where I got mine...but they were the owners of the company....they made the packs? Thought I would get super service...I never heard of the problems unfortunately....

Actually.. the packs are made and imported from China. Not sure how or why FLYING SOUTH was able to "appear" as if they were the makers.:huh:

Last edited:

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Actually.. the packs made and imported from China. Not sure how or why FLYING SOUTH was able to "appear" as if they were the makers.:huh:
My understanding is they are the US national distributor of the Adventure Pack.
Maybe that has since changed?
Doris

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My understanding is they are the US national distributor of the Adventure Pack.
Maybe that has since changed?
Doris
I think it used to be that way Doris..:) but things have since gone severely downhill with that company.

Last edited:

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
So Doris, would the large pack like you have (big enough for Nani) be light enough to carry?

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
So Doris, would the large pack like you have (big enough for Nani) be light enough to carry?
Is Nani an M2? If so...you will of course need a larger size.
Since we only have one...and it was custom made for Diego, our YNA, I really shouldn't
comment on the weight of larger sizes.
But I *assume* it would be fine!
I really love ours. Cleo (deceased, as I mentioned) also made big fluffly removeable shoulder pads for ours, making the whole thing quite comfy to wear.
Doris

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

Have you used it often? How are the snaps holding up?:)
I used it a lot in NY, here I just use it to go to the vet :p
Mine is one of the original ones before any problems with the company. It's also smaller :( . The newer ones are larger .
but it held up perfectly even with some chew holes-koko, my snaps are fine too. There is one snap that I would consider weak but it's not a load bearing snap.
I also put the cage in backwards so I never have to take the canvas off-that could be a pain :D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used it a lot in NY, here I just use it to go to the vet :p
Mine is one of the original ones before any problems with the company. It's also smaller :( . The newer ones are larger .
but it held up perfectly even with some chew holes-koko, my snaps are fine too. There is one snap that I would consider weak but it's not a load bearing snap.
I also put the cage in backwards so I never have to take the canvas off-that could be a pain :D
yes.. I take it to the vet too!!:)

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Doris, yes Nani is an M2....I will have to contact the company and see what they say. I can use the adventure pack for all my birds but her....it is just too cramped in there for a bird her size.

Status
Not open for further replies.