• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Emergency 911 posting

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
Would it be better to let normal members be able to reply at those threads? I have no clue what you need to reply at those threads but I find it more helpful so that normal members who might be able to help have a choice of commenting instead of just watching. I knew that you might want to be sure that the people commenting know what they are doing and not give false information or something else but sometimes more people can be helpful too.
Or am I missing something and that private messaging could be an option or anything else.I have also heard that pm’s sent by minors will be deleted (not sure how it is now though) so what if a knowledgeable minor decides to pm someone who needs help but any to have the message deleted due to age restrictions.
But for the most part could I get to know what exactly you need to be able to reply to 911 threads because the criteria, at least to me, is rather vague.
Thanks!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You need to be a veteran to automatically be able to post in 911 threads.
If admin has given permission for a non veteran to post in the 911 area it is because they have shown they are knowledgeable and helpful in situations like the sort posted in 911 and they post appropriately.
Staff can post in all threads so they all have permissions to post in 911.

Think about how many threads have members respond to them not because they know the answer but because they want to comment about something someone else said or they want to follow the thread- this is not helpful for someone needing urgent advice that is most likely life saving.
Not all of the things that are posted in 911 are actual emergencies so they can be posted in other places then everyone and anyone can post and offer opinions and advice but when a birds life depends on the information being given then the last thing anyone wants is to have to wade through unhelpful but well meaning well wishes and posts saying they can not help but want to follow to learn the answers.

Minors can PM staff at any time.

People without permissions for 911 threads can PM staff at anytime if they have information to help with any 911 situations and staff will pass the message along by posting the information for them- this happens a bit already.