• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Emerald macaw???

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Helping Wing

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jeanne
Whooppie is 14 and she doesn't know her own strength, it's like playing with a baby hippo. She's a bit hyper and aggressive in the sense of not knowing any better not mean. She never learned to play nice so she plays with you the way a bird would play with another bird... I think.

She is a pip though. She likes to sing and dance and if I'm in the room don't even think of holding her because she will bite especially if I'm holding another bird. Her cage is to the right of the pass through window in the bird room so she can see me if I'm at the sink. At night is when she does the most talking...she calls one of the dogs and when I tell her Merry is upstairs she'll ask for Marcia, I tell her Marcia isn't here either. It's really funny when she talks all sweet and says "who's a pretty pretty girl"...I always laugh and tell her I don't talk to her that way...she laughs right back at me.

What freaks John out about her is her eyes...they are very human like. He always says it's like someone is looking back at you.

Hyacinths have yellow on there face and a mature Hy has a yellow stripe on their tongue. Whooppie has a white stripe on only one side of her tongue and has eyelashes on the one eye as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.