• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eine kleine nachtmusic

Status
Not open for further replies.

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I was awakened at 2:30 this morning by, of all things, BIRDSONG. After my head cleared, I realized it wasn't a dream, so I got up thinking it was my Green Singer finch. Nope, it was coming from outside, so I went on the back porch, sat down, & listened to a song I've never heard before. I would describe it as a 'liquid trilling.' I don't know what else to say. Does anyone know what it could have been? It sang for at least 45 minutes?

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Thanks, Pat! I listened to them all, & didn't hear anything similar. What kind of bird sings, loudly, AT 2:30 AT NIGHT???? I don't even know how to search for that.

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
What kind of bird sings, loudly, AT 2:30 AT NIGHT???? I don't even know how to search for that.
Mockingbirds! I've had to sleep with the windows shut recently, because we have one that starts up around 2AM, loud enough to wake the dead. :eek:

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I think you got it, Lindsay. After Googeling it, it seems to have been a mockingbird. Didn't hear it last night, though. Thanks again!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.