• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eilley Never Had a Leg Band... What would happen if something ever happened to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peacelovepets

Jogging around the block
I need suggestions or at least comfort. Eilley's breeder never put a leg band on her. I'm afraid she's too small to microchip. How would I claim her? I've been worrying about this recently and didn't know if there was anything I could do...

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Take pictures of any unusual markings, try video taping her saying stuff or making unique noises, etc. Hopefully if she is ever lost the person who has her wants her to find her home and doesn't try to claim her. I imagine if a stranger did keep her you wouldn't find out about it though.

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I have heard of lovebirds getting microchipped. Just a thought. I have Phoenix chipped and will get the others done next time they are due for a check up :) Makes me feel better.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Merlin doesn't have a leg band and I'm thinking of micro chipping her. She does have some unusual features though that would help me in claiming her back. She has fully mature cataracts for one that can be seen. She also has a bare spot on her belly from plucking and feathers don't seem to grow anymore. She also has an unusual vocabulary of sounds.

There are also open leg bands. Pete has one from a USDA quarantine station since he was wild caught.

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Zena weighs 105 g and had no issues with being microchipped. They go in at more of an angle than the bigger birds. Just fund a vet that is experienced and comfortable with microchipping.

Stupid phone. I can't edit. Fund is obviously find.

Status
Not open for further replies.