• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, Corbit and Bella are now the proud parents of an eggie. They seem so full of life right
now, so in tune with nature, what with all the birds outdoors doing the same... Darnit :shakehead: and sigh. I suppose all owners with mated pairs have to face this eventuality sometime, but I was kind of hoping that their eggless state would just continue indefinitely... Now, I have to figure out what to do with the egg (and soon to be eggs). I can't take them, and I can't let her keep them the way they are. I know all the advice--hard boil, fakes, etc. Btw, Bella is not fooled by fakes, so I guess it's boil time...

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I used to always boil them while they were eating (in the kitchen) or while I took a shower with them I got the wife to boil them.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used to always boil them while they were eating (in the kitchen) or while I took a shower with them I got the wife to boil them.
Yes, I need to figure out a way to distract them. I don't have an SO to help, though... I'll figure something out, I guess.

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
So.. would you be boiling an egg with a chick inside of it? :confused:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
good luck on distracting them!!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Update: They've got four now. I'll be glad when they decide they have enough! Corbit has been helping her with everything. Such a good little hubby. :heart: Feeds her and helps her sit on the eggs too. I didn't know the males did that, sit on the eggs I mean. Apparently, she's been keeping him up at night too, because when he's separate from her during the day (he takes a short break every day), he has his head under his wing. Tired!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Awww!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.