• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Egg binding: Turquoise Green Check Conure

Parrot

Meeting neighbors
I worry that causes stress , changing routine, has had her hold onto egg. Plus it weird and a little uncomfortable to them the first time , I think anyway ..so they can be a little reluctant to push it out .

Since you haven't felt comfortable doing a little soak or encouraging a bath. I think it's time for professional help.

I keep hoping I will check your thread and see success. Worried with you
I took her to the ER the other day, the calcium shot didn't lead to her laying the egg. I also didn't care for the ER vet, she was to new to the practice for my liking. I managed to get an appointment with a experienced vet tomorrow, I'll probably get x rays done and whatever else that's needed. Hopefully by tomorrow she lays an egg.

I appreciate you checking in. You'll definitely get an update tomorrow

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
That sounds great! I'm glad you are trusting your gut .
At this long , it's definitely time to see what's going on.
I'm going to say a little prayer , you get an egg tonight no issues!
If not I hope tomorrow goes great!

Parrot

Meeting neighbors
That sounds great! I'm glad you are trusting your gut .
At this long , it's definitely time to see what's going on.
I'm going to say a little prayer , you get an egg tonight no issues!
If not I hope tomorrow goes great!
Here's to hoping tonight is the night. I've been praying myself. Thank you, again!

Parrot

Meeting neighbors
@Pixiebeak @Rebel
Update: I got up this morning to take her to the vet. As I uncovered her cage, there it was. An egg! She was sleeping in her nest box whereas her egg was layed outside it.

I took her to the vet. The vet said he feels another egg in her. He said the egg is still soft but will hopefully will harden. She got some fluids and a calcium/vitamin shot. The vet also applauded me for the care I've given her, which is so appreciated. I talked to him about the wonderful support from you guys. @Pixiebeak I shared your story with the vet. He was happy to know that I had the support, even if online. We're expecting the next one to be out in the next few days, here's to hoping and praying.

@Pixiebeak @Rebel Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts last night.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Pixiebeak @Rebel
Update: I got up this morning to take her to the vet. As I uncovered her cage, there it was. An egg! She was sleeping in her nest box whereas her egg was layed outside it.

I took her to the vet. The vet said he feels another egg in her. He said the egg is still soft but will hopefully will harden. She got some fluids and a calcium/vitamin shot. The vet also applauded me for the care I've given her, which is so appreciated. I talked to him about the wonderful support from you guys. @Pixiebeak I shared your story with the vet. He was happy to know that I had the support, even if online. We're expecting the next one to be out in the next few days, here's to hoping and praying.

That's wonderful that she safely laid the egg! Hopefully the second will harden and be laid quickly and easily.

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
Thats great news and im sure a ton of weight off your shoulders. Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to more updates. I would hold off on using the calcium plus for now, seeing as she had another calcium shot.

Parrot

Meeting neighbors
Thats great news and im sure a ton of weight off your shoulders. Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to more updates. I would hold off on using the calcium plus for now, seeing as she had another calcium shot.
Thank you @Rebel Yes, I also was feeling that. How long do you think I should wait? The vet didn't go over it with me much he just said we should avoid too much vitamin d.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you @April You were the first to respond to my post and tag so many wonderful people. I appreciate you keeping an eye out for my posts.
You're so very welcome! Even after having 2 female Greenies eggies were never something that I've personally dealt with so I knew I had to tag in the folks who've actually experienced it. I'm truly happy to hear that your little one is doing better.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I see that you have conures of your own. Have you ever had an egg issue? If do, how long did it take after you could visibly tell that your bird had an egg in her?
Sorry mine are not babies at min 8months 5months

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
Thank you @Rebel Yes, I also was feeling that. How long do you think I should wait? The vet didn't go over it with me much he just said we should avoid too much vitamin d.
To be perfectly honest, in your case i dont know. With mine as ive said before, if i can see shes trying to lay and egg unsuccessfully, thats when ill step in. Otherwise, i dont give it to her on a regular basis. Id rather she got her calcium from food , her cuttlebones and mineral blocks. FYI should you give it to your girl on a regular basis in her water , make sure you change the water ATLEAST once a day. It makes the water get all nasty. Also, some people say your bird may not like the taste of it and wont drink as much water as she should.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
@Pixiebeak @Rebel

:bliss: :happydance:
Yay!!!! I'm so happy!!! I think you just picked it up before it had moved into ready to be laid mode! She did great! I expect her to do heart with the next 3, I think with that weight she will lay a whole set !