• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

EasySprout Excitement...Sprouting Beginner!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:heart2:

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Fabulous!!!! My guys love sprouted chickpeas. This year in the UK most organic chickpeas are not sprouting well. It happens some years. Using non organic from a supermarket for now then will try organic again in a few months and see if they are any better.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I've been looking at Sproutpeople - The Grooviest Sprouting Seeds on Our Planet! and I'm thinking there must have been something about the seeds etc that I was using. I just bought anything from the grocery store and maybe those have been treated in some way. I want to try again but with mixes sold for sprouting, and with the Easy Sprouter. I definitely don't get enough vegetables, so what an easy way to supplement both my and my birds' diets, Always something to learn on here!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I can’t believe that feisty chickpea early sprouter...24 hours lol (after soaking)
Target brand or Goya chickpeas, I cant remember which lol :roflmao:

@Fuzzy even here in the US organic chickpeas are going bad before sprouting. That's why I'm so impressed with Martine's tail!:fairy2::fairy2::fairy2:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I've been looking at Sproutpeople - The Grooviest Sprouting Seeds on Our Planet! and I'm thinking there must have been something about the seeds etc that I was using. I just bought anything from the grocery store and maybe those have been treated in some way. I want to try again but with mixes sold for sprouting, and with the Easy Sprouter. I definitely don't get enough vegetables, so what an easy way to supplement both my and my birds' diets, Always something to learn on here!
Thanks for the link!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I just noticed they even have a bird mix! Big birds to little birds. Idk where to even start!
I gotta plug Unapproved Vendor’s Dailies sprouting mixes! They’re great!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I gotta plug Unapproved Vendor’s Dailies sprouting mixes! They’re great!
I just placed a massive order with them, but will definitely check those out too! I really love sunflower sprouts so I think I'm going to try the microgreens kit first.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
While we're here, are there any sprouts that the birds shouldn't have?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I just placed a massive order with them, but will definitely check those out too! I really love sunflower sprouts so I think I'm going to try the microgreens kit first.
sunflower greens are great!!

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I just noticed they even have a bird mix! Big birds to little birds. Idk where to even start!

I've always used Sprout People for my sprouts! I get the mid-bird mix for my quaker/caique/IRN and have never had any issue, and they gobble it up. I bought a few pounds and put it all in the freezer and just sprout about a cup at a time.