• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Easiest way to clean dried on poop

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
We have linoleum flooring in the bird room, and Isadora tends to poop in one spot when out of her cage. Thankfully, it's not on me.

I'm not always immediate to clean it off the floor, so occasionally it dries to the linoleum. What's the easiest way to clean it up? It's not perfectly flat linoleum, it's got texture to it, so sometimes it gets stuck in these stupid little grooves. And I don't have a steam cleaner.

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
I use chlorhexidine diluted with water, let it sit for 10 minutes and it comes up easily.
I do 2 tbsp. To a gallon of water. It has next to no smell and is safe to use around parrots and reptiles.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
First, put a piece of newspaper in that spot when it's clean ;)

Second, I usually just spray it with Nature's Miracle or another enzyme spray, let sit for 10 mins, and use my microfiber mop on it.

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Hot water almost always works, or get one of those "poop off" sprays and let it sit for a minute :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wet it again for easy removal. I chuck a wet towel (paper or material) and leave it for a short while before wiping up and actually cleaning the floor

As Burt produces quite the breeze when he flies anywhere I find covering the area likely to get pooped in with an old towel makes clean up real easy, paper gets blown away. We have a few pet towels thanks to some beak faced brat.

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have the same problem in my kitchen with old linoleum - tiny fly by poops that I don't see for hours!

I've also had dog related issues a few times. Sometimes pouring hot water and covering with a wet cloth or paper towel works but sometimes I have to follow by scrubbing with a brush. Sometimes even taking the edge of a knife to scrape up the edge.

I haven't resealed my linoleum in a while since I can't take Cotton outside without having to catch him so the surface has been really annoying to clean!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I use a paper towel, soak it in HOT water, lay on the top of the poo and go watch television..... or waste time doing something..... it cleans up easily after that.

Same way I clean the grates in the bird cage.....(when Secret is OUT OF THAT CAGE)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It worked well on one spot, but another I think is going to require a scrubby or something :arghh:
Nah.... just another hot paper towel!!!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Be glad it's linoleum and not carpeting. I have cotton rugs in Bebe's poop zones. White carpeting at that. Rugs you take to laundry and I spray the poopy areas with shout. Launder and dry.