• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ear infection? How do you tell?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Hope he recovers quickly. And takes his meds! No fussing :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Aw good! As someone who was plagued with multiple horribly painful ear infections as a kid and I've even had some as an adult and the pain is unreal. So I'm really glad that he seems to be feeling better.
Ear pain from infection is absolutely brutal! I nearly lost my hearing when I was little as a family member didn’t believe me when I said my ear was hurting too much to sleep- they assumed I was making it up cos I was homesick. I ended up in the emergency ward lol

Hope your little one finds relief with the meds asap and heals up fast @Kassiani
I hope your trip being delayed isn’t a problem for you. You’re such a good birdy carer!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ear pain from infection is absolutely brutal! I nearly lost my hearing when I was little as a family member didn’t believe me when I said my ear was hurting too much to sleep- they assumed I was making it up cos I was homesick. I ended up in the emergency ward lol

Hope your little one finds relief with the meds asap and heals up fast @Kassiani
I hope your trip being delayed isn’t a problem for you. You’re such a good birdy carer!!
That's awful I'm so sorry! Mine were so bad as a child i had to have surgery at 7 to get tubes in my ears. When I've had them as an adult I missed 3 days of work because the pain was so bad I was literally crying from the pain and the fact the pain was so bad I couldn't sleep at all I only got an hour or so here and there over 3 days it was the most miserable I've ever been in my life. When I finally was able to get an appt the doctor was shocked because I had 2 severe inner ear infections in both ears which apparently is rare and he'd never seen it before. He was amazed that I was as composed as I was and that my blood pressure wasnt higher because he knew the pain I was in must have been incredibly brutal. He had to force 2 little paper wicks into my ears so the liquid meds could get past all the swollen canals and no exaggerating I almost passed out from the pain and I have a very high pain threshold normally but these ear infections trump everything.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

That sounds awful! I do know how painful sinus infections can be, but I don’t remember ever having an ear infection.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's awful I'm so sorry! Mine were so bad as a child i had to have surgery at 7 to get tubes in my ears. When I've had them as an adult I missed 3 days of work because the pain was so bad I was literally crying from the pain and the fact the pain was so bad I couldn't sleep at all I only got an hour or so here and there over 3 days it was the most miserable I've ever been in my life. When I finally was able to get an appt the doctor was shocked because I had 2 severe inner ear infections in both ears which apparently is rare and he'd never seen it before. He was amazed that I was as composed as I was and that my blood pressure wasnt higher because he knew the pain I was in must have been incredibly brutal. He had to force 2 little paper wicks into my ears so the liquid meds could get past all the swollen canals and no exaggerating I almost passed out from the pain and I have a very high pain threshold normally but these ear infections trump everything.
That sounds miserable, too!! I’m sorry you had to go through that.