• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dusty parrots and their impact on Human Health?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
That's what oversized heavy duty Hepa filters are for. There are so many toxins around us and crap in our food you can't hide from all of it. And I refuse to live in a bubble.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
That's what oversized heavy duty Hepa filters are for. There are so many toxins around us and crap in our food you can't hide from all of it. And I refuse to live in a bubble.

YES!!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Let us not forget that DRIED bird poop is very harmful to our health. Maybe more so than feather dust itself.

I'm not certain which is worst, however I believe that this is why daily removal of cage papers is just as important for human health as it is for the bird's well being.

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
To minimize the harmful affects we can all use HEPA air purifiers (perhaps ones intended for larger rooms) and we can mist our cage papers before changing them to keep the poo from becoming distributed in the air.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
To minimize the harmful affects we can all use HEPA air purifiers (perhaps ones intended for larger rooms) and we can mist our cage papers before changing them to keep the poo from becoming distributed in the air.
Thanks for the advice about misting.:)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

I'm not certain which is worst, however I believe that this is why daily removal of cage papers is just as important for human health as it is for the bird's well being.

I change papers at least twice a week. Lately its more like every other day. And every time I change papers, I cough. Poo dust is more harder on me than sticking my nose under my birds wings and breathing in the feather dust.

I like the idea of wetting the papers down before changing. Very very good idea.