• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Ducky lovings

Hrtofau2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Tonight I was able to get a good video of Ducky and Dave bonding time and figured I would share. :) Ducky has made such leaps and bounds of progress, especially as of late. He really has come out of his shell and has shown us both that he really does trust us. In the video you will notice that Ducky is sitting literately on Daves fingertips. This is a new thing for Ducky, putting himself on the outermost parts of our body. (He has also done this on our toes when our feet are up.) Ducky is without a doubt Dave's bird. But he does step up for me, and he does allow me to scritch him if I am careful. ;) Pretty much I am a good substitute if Dave is not around, but chop liver if he is. :p But for a bird who six months ago was petrified of hands, who would lunge/bite at a request to step up, and who was uncomfortable on a person even if on a wide shoulder for fear of falling...I say thats progress!

On a side note, Boris is doing ok. He is his usual back and forth self. I have been able to make some progress with him in regards to touching. I am now able to frequently give scritches in or out of the cage. Though total trust is still being worked on. ( By both sides) He has only nailed me once this last week, which is a good. And slow but sure we are forming a relationship. :geek:

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
You are so lucky to have a bird man! Ducky is incredibly adorable and look how far he has come! Very cute!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I am a good substitute if Dave is not around, but chop liver if he is.

I know the feeling. And I hate chopped liver. :lol:

He has only nailed me once this last week, which is a good.

:lol: Only a truly dedicated bird brain would say getting bit once a week is "good". :D :hug8:

(I haven't made a mistake (got bitten) in a little over 5 months now (that's also a record). How do I know that? I keep track of it on a calendar. I may not need it anymore and just throw it away. :D)

Boris will come around and get there too. The thing about patience is, you need a lot of patience in order to be patient. :lol:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
amazing progress!!!!

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
WOW! What an amazing transformation. Love how he tells you where HE wants to be scratched- bossy little booger

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Fantastic to see how much progress Ducky has made. He is almost unrecognisable. You guys have achieved so much :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
You really struck gold twice - you've got a bird man and a daddy's bird :heart: :heart: :heart:

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe

Good job you guys!! & great progress...:highfive: