• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

duckie had a hard day yesterday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
so i came home from work yesterday at 4:30, and duckie seemed strange.

i picked her up to hang out by me, and she started biting me like crazy! and then she lunged for my face twice with a wide open beak!

so i put her on her play gym for some time out, and turned my back. she started screaming for me to come get her! i told her just to fly to me, but no. she screamed louder and longer. i tried to ignore it, but i could tell something was wrong. so i went to her, and she lunges at me.

i leave her be for a while. she seems calmer, i pick her up, and she seems really restless, and odd. and then she lunged at me 2 more times! getting me good one time. :(

i couldn't figure out what was wrong. she never behaves this way.

and then my roommate said that while i was at work, some maintance people came over. they just let themselves in if there is no one home. my roommate was at home, but in his room.

he came out when he heard them come into the house. he said duckie was all the way at the back of her cage stiff and petrified. he tried talking to her and she didn't move.

he tried getting her out, and she attacked him, so he let her be.

and by the time i got home, hours later, she still had not gotten over there being "intruders" in her house!

this morning she has been back to her sweet, semi-calm, and loving self.

she's just so sensitive to strangers! =o

TheBeesKnees

Real Name
Lindsey Champine
Poor duckie! I would def have a talking to with your apartment complex. My dog Gizmo (TINY pekingese), when I lived in an apartment, would be shaking and pee when some strangers would come in....so the apartment complex would always call me before entering from then on....that way I could be at home whenever they came, to help calm him down....

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no,poor Duckie:( I'm so sorry she was scared so badly. Many :hug8: for her.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Awwww poor Duckie :( I hope Duckie is feeling better today.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwwwe, poor baby. I am glad she's back to herself. :)

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Awww, Duckie girl! :hug8:They should really be letting you know ahead of time that they'll be entering. :mad:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was going to say, there should be a notice before they enter your apartment.Glad duckie is back to his old self today.

Last edited:

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
thanks everyone. :)

you know, i was thinking, "what the heck is her problem?! could it be hormones??" i could not figure out why she was suddenly all restless and aggressive. i think she didn't feel safe in the house because of the strangers. i think it was especially because i wasn't there with her, and for a while, my roommate wasn't there either, and she was just alone with these strange people. because she does act like this toward guests that come over to the house, but she never has taken it out on me before. it must have been because i wasn't there to reassure her. =(

glaciermouse

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mandi
Poor thing! She was so upset and couldn't tell you why. I'm glad she's okay now.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh No, poor Duckie :( I'm glad she got over it now!

If it were my landlord entering - or allowing maintenance people to enter - my home without notice and giving me the opportunity to be there he'd have another thing coming!!! :mad:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Poor baby had the bejeebies scared out of her. Darn maintenance men! Glad she is better. I just can't imagine Duckie being aggressive.

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Hugs to Duckie!:hug8::hug8: Tell mum to teach you to attack on command so them nasty intruders won’t feel welcomed. :p

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Please INSIST that you be notified 24hrs in advance in a non-emergency. There are some people that think it's funny to further scare an already-frightened animal--if she shows fear next time a stranger walks in, the mystery will be solved. Lots of cuddles are in order!:hug8:

pdbird

Strolling the yard
Funk that, At least here that would be illegal. What if they taunted or teased your bird? what if they used some spray(not just pesticides,but WD-40 or similar)and did not notify you? I don't leave P.D. but if i had to I'd invest in camera system to monitor,or at least record her area when not there.That really sux, your home should be the safest,most comfortable place for your fid. sorry this had to happen,and take steps to insure that it does not again. I have even seen people(my mom) who leave their birds and put them on ustream or similar streaming website. Then u can be at work(if u work with internet access)and watch your birds. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.