• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Drool drool drool

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
What’s with the cat droolllllll? I love my girl but sometimes her drooling so much while I am trying to sleep (insomniac) at 4am is enough for me to just tuck and hide from her sometimes :dead:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When's the last time she went to the vet and had her teeth checked? Thats a very common sign when cats have dirty,broken or even infected teeth that they drool a lot.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It can also be a stress response. My cat drools buckets when she's scared. But I agree that a vet check is best

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
She hasn’t gone in a few years. Sophie has always had a visceral reaction to the vet, not saying that animals love vets but our vet has said her heart races out of her chest and can’t get a good reading. Unless there is a reason, I don’t take her. Of course, I don’t neglect her needs. She’s old, 16, so she’s been to vet at least 6+ times. But I don’t ever plan on taking her to the vet again. She was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure and given 6 months to live but that was…4 years ago. She has outlived both of my cats haha my little warrior. She is deaf but happy, vocal, in no physical pain, continues to jump and be active even though I have senior stairs for her, and genuinely is a chipper little girl.

My other cat did the same when he was happy, when he would purr, he would just drool! So I talked to the vet. They said, sometimes when they are relaxed or you scratch a certain part, they will do that. Anyone else’s cat? Her teeth are fine, out of all 3, hers were the best and even the worst, never lead to any eating problems, just a basic cleaning. The drooling is a lot haha I can deal with it when I’m awake but in the middle of the night, it’s a bit gross haha.