• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dr.'s Foster & Smith - Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Hey all, so I finally found the EXACT cage I want, and Im not willing to budge, I want THAT one. But I found it on Dr's F&S and I dont think they ship to Canada (do they?) I am having trouble finding that cage anywhere else as they dont list a model number or make name. I have found versions of the cage, but I REALLY want this one.

Does anyone have any ideas? Know anything? Have Canadians bought from Dr F&S somehow?

This is the cage, sorry about the long link, :)

Google Image Result for http://www.drsfostersmith.com/images/Categoryimages/normal/p-28084-40661-bird.jpg

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
http://www.cuckoosnestaviary.com/Merchandise/Cages.cfm

She carries the same type of cage but I think you have to get them from her home. You can email her and ask if she would ship to you?? You may have to pay double shipping though, once to her house and then from there to your house.

These cages on her site are HQ cages, not sure if you can research that in Canada and find something.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
THANK YOU! Your my hero! I knew it was on some website somewhere that shipped to Canada, Im just not too familiar with the Online Shops yet. AA members always come through for me! Thanks Tielygirl! Much appreciated! Im ordering it NOW!!! :)

no problem! ;) I am going to order that one soon too! I can't decide on a color though... lol

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Agreed, I am torn between Chorcoal, Platinum or White??? Im just so freakin releived this cage search thing is coming to an end! Hahah! I just have to get a money order or pre-paid CC and I'll be good to go!

When you get it, and set it up, post some pics! Id love to see it in action before I use mine in June!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow!! Shipping fees aren't even expensive either.:)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Too bad I don't know anything about A and E cages.

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
THANK YOU! Your my hero! I knew it was on some website somewhere that shipped to Canada, Im just not too familiar with the Online Shops yet. AA members always come through for me! Thanks Tielygirl! Much appreciated! Im ordering it NOW!!! :)
Just curious - since you're in Calgary...can't you simply buy that cage at Parrotdise Perch?

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
Not sure that it matters:confused: but you did notice that the cage from Fosters and Smith and the A&E cages are different sizes right? They are both similar in size but the Fosters and smith one is larger by several inches in height, depth and width interior and exterior. Like I said wasn't sure if it mattered but wanted to make sure you noticed:)

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Not sure that it matters:confused: but you did notice that the cage from Fosters and Smith and the A&E cages are different sizes right? They are both similar in size but the Fosters and smith one is larger by several inches in height, depth and width interior and exterior. Like I said wasn't sure if it mattered but wanted to make sure you noticed:)
I did notice, but I cant seem to find the EXACT one from Dr F&S at all :(
And no, I was at Parrotdise Perch and they only have 2 cages, one od which is awsome by 1400 bucks and SS and another than was WAY to small and not assembled and green :( Cant find ANY cages in this god forsaken city :(

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
I did notice, but I cant seem to find the EXACT one from Dr F&S at all :(
And no, I was at Parrotdise Perch and they only have 2 cages, one od which is awsome by 1400 bucks and SS and another than was WAY to small and not assembled and green :( Cant find ANY cages in this god forsaken city :(

Thats because it depends on the measurements they use, after all both sides are different AND it has seed skirts, so hence the confusion with all the measurements- also the height varies not only because of the sides but because of weather or not they use it with the top open vs. closed and/or top of playgym top or actual cage.

And on a side note- I have been ordering cages online for 5 years now and the 'discription' is never completley accurate. there is always something off, even with the top name companies. I have gotten HQ's that were off in measurements.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Good Advice, and WOW look at the typos in my last post, LOL Must have been in a rush.
As long as the bar width is accurate, and the doors are all the same as shown in the pic, Im fine with a little variation on the cage providing its big enough for one spoiled little Indian Ringneck baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.