• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Down sizeing my flock

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
after much condsideration I have decided to down size on my flock it has gotten to be a chore instead of a pleasure takeing care of 4 birds 2 which are good sized birds , I have found great homes for KC and Rudy my 2 larger birds and Niki my blue quaker is going back to the breeder under certain conditions which we have to work out , the only bird I'am keeping is my Opey my Quaker which I'am very attached to and I'am also considering one more bird to go with Opey a small bird maybe a GCC , that will be my flock one quaker and 1 gcc and that will be my limit considering I also work a full time job , just wanted to let u all know , I hope this doesn't make me a bad person but not all of us can handle alot of birds and sometimes we manage to go over our limit not intending to but it happens

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
It doesn't make you a bad person, if you find them good homes. :hug8:I find that sometimes the need for "one more" ends up being one too many. I seem to have to fight my need for one more daily...

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am sorry that you are having to do this but if you feel that it is in the best interest of the birds and you to get rehomed then I would do it. It sounds to me like you love them and you just want the best for them. It takes a lot of heart to make the decision that you did.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
You are not a bad mom. Being a bird parront is an enormous responsibility that we all need to think seriously about especially when MBS hits us so we don't go over our personal limitations. :hug5:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Please do everything in your power to make sure they do go to good homes and don't rush it. :hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
after much condsideration I have decided to down size on my flock it has gotten to be a chore instead of a pleasure takeing care of 4 birds 2 which are good sized birds , I have found great homes for KC and Rudy my 2 larger birds and Niki my blue quaker is going back to the breeder under certain conditions which we have to work out , the only bird I'am keeping is my Opey my Quaker which I'am very attached to and I'am also considering one more bird to go with Opey a small bird maybe a GCC , that will be my flock one quaker and 1 gcc and that will be my limit considering I also work a full time job , just wanted to let u all know , I hope this doesn't make me a bad person but not all of us can handle alot of birds and sometimes we manage to go over our limit not intending to but it happens

I don't think it makes you a bad person to rehome if you find good homes for them. But, are you saying you are planning to rehome 3 of yours and then get a GCC or do you already have a GCC?

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I have had a change of heart on giving up Niki so I made a final decission to keep her and Opey , guess I'am more attached to her then I thought I was , as for Rudy and KC they are both going to great homes with families that have alot of bird experience and they will be very much loved and wanted as pets not breeders , that is all I can ask for because I did not want them to be breeder birds and no I'am not getting any more birds as of now any ways , the thought of a gcc did occur but I ruled that thought out at least for now, have get rid of that mbs syndrome thats how I ended up with 4 :(

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
:hug8::hug8::hug8:my thoughts are with you. It must be hard to do this, here is a hug:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
ty for the hugs :) I'am sure I will miss them but the fact that I know for sure they are going to great homes and I will be able to visit them if I want makes it alot easier

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
I don't think this makes you a bad person at all, actually I think this makes you a wonderful, caring mom. You made the determination of what your limitations are and made a very tough and loving decison for your babies. :hug8::hug8:

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
KC went to his new home today and it really seems strange with out him here but I can and will visit him this summer he isn't to far away , as for Rudy me and hubby talked he really does not want her to go he has gotten very attached to her and she totally loves her daddy it's real easy to see sooooooooo we decided to keep Rudy along with the 2 quakers Opey and Niki but hubby is going to help out more around here , he said he would start cleaning her cage and I will take care of the other 2 and he does feed them their dinners on the afternoons that I work and gives them their baths and showers so with his help it will be alot easier just thought I would give everyone the news :)

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Just stick with the Three. It is easy to fall prey to MBS but always resist. Thanks for your honesty and enjoy the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.