• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Donny is here

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
When have you ever known a gcc to roll over? They are an opinion w/feathers!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
What a darling...Someone will love him if you decide to let him go. Shame he has been neglected...Plucking is not bad so maybe with all the interaction he is getting now he won't do it anymore...Then have to make sure he does not have a skin issue or some med issue...

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
What a darling...Someone will love him if you decide to let him go. Shame he has been neglected...Plucking is not bad so maybe with all the interaction he is getting now he won't do it anymore...Then have to make sure he does not have a skin issue or some med issue...
I think he's been doing it for awhile since he has some smooth/nakkie spots. Likely feathers won't grow back in those spots. I'm just worried he's going to come in and think..."Friends!" and then have to face all the brats telling him to get lost. But he will make a lovely companion to someone who needs a chatterbox friend.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Little guy had his vet checkup yesterday. Unfortunately he looked so rough after being car sick all the way there that Dr. O did the minimum. Gram stains, meds for the bacterial infection and yeast. She is treating him as if he has metal toxicity from the cage and toys. Boy is fighting me on eating healthy so I bought a variety of nutriberries to see if I could convince him to eat healthier. Walnuts and hempseed are about the only other things he will eat so he gets vitamins in his water. We go back in three weeks for an X-ray.

He is a very polite little cheekie who does have a preference for men. But he does well with everyone except Dr. Rose who did the nail clip for disease testing. She is now officially on the bite list.

C281CFAA-B489-4F34-85B1-126C0C0ED047.jpeg CA61DCD0-A46C-414F-A903-C8A5629E7E2E.jpeg

Attachments

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Is he a chewer? If he did not chew the cage or metal toys too much he might be ok from that. I suppose just the feet on the bars & the cleaning of feet could expose him to metal.

Lets hope he's healthy.

Did you know the age?

So he seems to prefer males...hmmm well he seems to like you so guess he's open...

His feet look good but his eyes seem to look tired to me...

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Is he a chewer? If he did not chew the cage or metal toys too much he might be ok from that. I suppose just the feet on the bars & the cleaning of feet could expose him to metal.

Lets hope he's healthy.

Did you know the age?

So he seems to prefer males...hmmm well he seems to like you so guess he's open...

His feet look good but his eyes seem to look tired to me...
Not much of a chewer. He does like his cupcake puff with rubber duck. I’ve yet to see him chewing balsa but his beak is also dipped in on both sides top and bottom from malnutrition so it may be he isn’t strong enough. He did play with his rusty toys though. He tolerates me but if he hears hubby’s voice, he flies to the door. He’s supposed to be only 4 or 5 years old.

He gets super car sick. It was on my windshield, radio knobs...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Not much of a chewer. He does like his cupcake puff with rubber duck. I’ve yet to see him chewing balsa but his beak is also dipped in on both sides top and bottom from malnutrition so it may be he isn’t strong enough. He did play with his rusty toys though. He tolerates me but if he hears hubby’s voice, he flies to the door. He’s supposed to be only 4 or 5 years old.

He gets super car sick. It was on my windshield, radio knobs...
Guess you can rule out a man with a truck driving job who wants a companion...spew...

He likes hubby...Well that's great as hubby deserves some cheeky love! :rofl:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@webchirp You need to go and bat your eyelids and :jeanie: at hubby and tel him that "Donny wuvs you. You should see how much he perks up when he hears your voice. He needs you". (more batting of eyelids or puppy eyes)

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
yes, call us the Enablers!!!! :rofl: If Donny is smart he will learn Hubby;s name real soon!
Look at that cheeky face...that's a cheeky with attitude...The John Wayne of Cheekys
Maybe Clint...Make my day!!!

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Donny's disease testing is negative! Yeah!
That's great news! As for diet, both of my tiels love freeze dried vegetables and took to them right away. That might be something to try. Although I will keep trying with fresh - but the other thing I love about the freeze dried is that I can leave it out while I'm at work.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
That's great news! As for diet, both of my tiels love freeze dried vegetables and took to them right away. That might be something to try. Although I will keep trying with fresh - but the other thing I love about the freeze dried is that I can leave it out while I'm at work.
I will try that! He is so stubborn. Moki is making google eyes at him...I think she thought he was Lola at first. :(

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
He is doing well...and has a few interested adoption peoples. I'm hoping the one older couple decides to adopt him but they are concerned with his health. And while I'm doing all the vetting I can, I can't make a guarantee on his life expectancy. He has another appointment on the 15th for a recheck and xray. They'll let me know then... I think his eyes look much better.

He is such a good bird. A little stressed since none of mine want to be his friend. :sad7: Rue wants nothing to do with him so that idea went out the window.

d3.jpg d2.jpg d1.jpg

He does kind of like Tosh but Boober doesn't appreciate him trying to steal his girl.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
He's such a cutie. Maybe you just need to get another bird for him to be friends with. :D
Oh I know what happens when you do that...the new bird doesn't like him and decides to steal another and then I have another soap opera.