• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Don' the Sliiiiide

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Johari was born with metabolic bone disease & is bowlegged. The vet student who saw her XRays at her initial check up said her leg bones looked "like noodles". :(. I decided to keep her, anyway--after some soul searching. And I'm glad I did. Had some unwelcome vet bills the first 6 weeks, but she's been doing well since then. She gets around just fine, and has the cutest little waddle. The vet calls her her "little cowgirl". The only place she has any trouble at all is perching on some surfaces...not all, just some. The first video is her doing The Slide. The second is after I gave her The Red Carpet Treatment.

Footslide.flv video by bubblelady_2000 - Photobucket

RedCarpetTreatment.flv video by bubblelady_2000 - Photobucket

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
She is cute!
What type of diet is she now on and how has this effected her any other way?:hug8:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
She is cute!
What type of diet is she now on and how has this effected her any other way?:hug8:
She is cute, if I do say so myself :). It doesn't seem to have affected her, other than the occasional sllide. Her favorite perch is the forked end of a manzanita branch, but she climbs ladders, plays on swings, waddles with great speed. The vet said to see she gets plenty of calcium, so that's the goal. She chews on her mineral stars but turns up her little beak at any food not made specifically for birds...little toot! I've offered...and she's rejected....fruit, veggies, greens, pasta, rice, gains, nuts, as well as pellets: Rowdy Bush, Harrisons. Zupreem, KayTee Exact non-fuit, Harrison's Mash, & Harrison's Birdie Bread. She was weaned onto KayTee Exact Fruity pellets, but the vet recommended changing that if possible since it could mask problems that poop color might reveal. She likes Nutriberries & Avicakes & Volkman Lovebird seed mix. Just this week I got a sample of Totally Organic Pellets & she ate a few. Today she sampled her first hemp seeds. She watches my GCC eat with great interest & has recently at least touched her beak to whatever Gussie was eating, & this weekend touched her tongue to a green pea & a piece of grape. I'll keep trying. She certainly is trying...me!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
She sure is cute I just love the lovies

geekasaurus

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chrissy
aw how adorable. i'd like to have a lovebird like her, i can never remember what that type is called.

Status
Not open for further replies.