• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dometop Cages~~~Post your Cage top play areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I would love to see what those with dometop cages have created for play areas on TOP of the cages. Without anything hanging from the ceiling lol

I am thinking I want playtops but if I can create play areas on top of dometop cages, that would be awesome.

Anyone have anything creative that I could see?

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Well, here are mine, but I hang stuff too! ;)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
That's nice Ashley, that is a nice thick rope perch.

Did you make that hanging gym with branches on it? Looks cool

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
That's nice Ashley, that is a nice thick rope perch.

Did you make that hanging gym with branches on it? Looks cool

I ordered the sisal rope perch from www.petsolutions.com (although when I ordered it I didnt pay much attenetion to the thickness! so it was much thicker than I had intended, but it still works!) and I made everything else you see! The hanging gym I copied the design from the bird.com hanging gyms, just I used natural wood from my home (its Meru's favorite spot!). I also made the grapevine perch in back- I found the wood at a local pet store up the road. :):):)

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
No one else posted!!
I would love to see pics, as for now, until we move into our bigger house in September where I will have a bird room (Yeah!)
I have to create some sort of Playtop area over our cage!

Post pics please!

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I don't think I have any pics, but we created a playtop on Petey's old cage with PVC pipes and attached it to the sides with washers and wingnuts. You can drill holes it it and put eyelets in so that you can hang toys from the PVC.

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Danita! This is exactly what I have been contemplating. Macho's house is a dome and Sunni and Midori have a play top. Ever since the wonderful plexiglass of Saroj's ~ I love my playtops. I didn't like the trays on top because it blocked so much light. I only have to clean Macho's toys and perches after he has been on top of his dome house.

This is what I've been thinking: I have a grate that is brand new (I don't use them) I'm going to attach.. heck just let me take a pic....
IMG_7847.JPG
I'm going to have a piece of plexiglass cut to fit the grate, drill a couple holes in each corner. Use a cable tie thru the holes in the plexiglass to attach to the grate. Then attach the grate to the dome top with ss hardware. Thats my plan anyway :)

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Neat Idea, never would have thought of that!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Danita! This is exactly what I have been contemplating. Macho's house is a dome and Sunni and Midori have a play top. Ever since the wonderful plexiglass of Saroj's ~ I love my playtops. I didn't like the trays on top because it blocked so much light. I only have to clean Macho's toys and perches after he has been on top of his dome house.

This is what I've been thinking: I have a grate that is brand new (I don't use them) I'm going to attach.. heck just let me take a pic....
View attachment 24759
I'm going to have a piece of plexiglass cut to fit the grate, drill a couple holes in each corner. Use a cable tie thru the holes in the plexiglass to attach to the grate. Then attach the grate to the dome top with ss hardware. Thats my plan anyway :)
That is cool Barbara, innovative!

Status
Not open for further replies.