• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does your Canary do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Snitch uses his feet A LOT to manipulate objects! And I mean more than my Budgies use their feet... :huh:

Here he is holding his seed treat in place so that it doesn't swing when he pecks at it.

He also moves the beads on his mirror toy around with his feet and also holds sticks and leaves down with his feet so that he can munch on them easier.

Is this normal for a Canary? Goblin doesn't do it and I thought it was usually only larger parrots that used their feet in this manner.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That is cool! Kismet does not, but Gryphon does..which I think is odd for any softbill. Kismet does play a bit with toys though on occasion, and LOVES to have a wet romaine leaf and apple slice shoved through the bars of his cage.
I love seeing pics of Snitch! You should post more of them....:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Terrible Tweets does that all the time..she is a real little riot..

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
That is great!

I have had Canaries for years and I never seen any do that.

Super smart Canary there!

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Interesting! So it seems like only a few Canaries do this. I will have to see if Goblin copies Snitch when they finally meet. :)

Carole, Snitch loves romaine lettuce too! He also really loves thin strips of carrot though he is very unsure of apple and other sweet foods.

Status
Not open for further replies.