• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does this still look like a girl to you?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
It's very hard to capture the cere color in a pic but the best way to describe it is a lot of white, but lately blue has been making an appearance.

When I first got her/him the cere was a pinky, purply, lilacy color. But this week it has been getting more and more white, with the blue color popping up.

I know with her/his mutation it's probably not easy to say but if anyone knows, I'm really curious what you think.
20160529_155441.jpg
20160529_155545.jpg
20160529_160953.jpg

I still kind of think it's a girl though. Just a feeling I get.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thank you!

She is not really tame. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to work with her but I imagine she could be tamed. She's very young still.

She used to be terrified when I came by her cage. Now she's pretty comfortable when I come by, but she gets very nervous when she's out of the cage.

I imagine when her wings grow back that will help a little but I will be most likely bringing her to her new family on Tuesday. (I found her outside a little over two weeks ago) The lady works part time and says she has lots of time for her and will allow her free flight of the house.

She is a doll and I will miss her but I think she deserves either another parakeet friend, or someone who has more time to let her out more.

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
She is super cute. I hope she likes her new home.

In hindsight I guess it's a good thing you decided against a quaker if you're struggling for time... :eek:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What a cute little baby!!!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori