• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do your p'lets hold things with their feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Molotov

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ariel
Gaston, as we know, has not lived a very enriching life, thus far. So, I realise that he has alot to learn! I'm curious to know if your p'let will hold foods and toys with their feet to eat and play? So far, he doesn't. He is very observant, he pays attention to everything. You can practically see the gears turning behind his eyes while he takes everything in! He hops around exploring, but not really touching anything. :p My senegals use their feet for everything. they hold everything they eat, so i have to cut chunkier pieces to make it easier to grab. all toys are held in their feet and brought to their face. joy, on the other hand, almost never uses her feet to hold things. for her, i have to cut up her food very small, into nibble sized pieces.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Nope! I actually asked this question awhile ago and most parrotlet owners said no. But there were a few that said their p'lets use their feet. But it's rare!

newatthistx

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Michele
My male p'lete, Milo uses his feet to hold little toys (q-tips,wood sticks, etc) but not his food and my little girl skylar only uses her feet to walk or run after the tiels tails.....:cool:

Miss Molotov

Real Name
Ariel
Ok, good to know! It's helping me select toys for him in the future! Thank you!

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Is he in sight of your other birds? They are clever little things and can learn from watching I've heard. He might pick it up! (Um, no pun intended.)
Even birds that don't use their feet can still use "foot toys" if that's what you are wondering. They just toss them around, usually off of things, and then look at you until you go retrieve the toy for them so they can do it again as soon as you sit back down. :D
IME anyway.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
They may hold food down so it doesn't move but don't usually pick food up with their foot.

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Milo has one toy that he will hold onto for dear life. One time I thought he was stuck, he was just sitting on his perch with one of the tiny rubber rings in his foot, and even refused to let go when I tried to get him to step up. When I touched his foot he finally let go... turns out that ring was just too good to drop :lol:

Evelyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Evelyn
Zack uses his feet to hold pellets, that is the only time uses them and it is his left foot. So I guess he is a lefty. :laughing12: Noel doesn't use hers to hold anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.