• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do you have a screamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Chewy is not really a screamer (anymore). She sometimes has scream-fests in the late afternoon or evenings. I always encourage those, much to my family's dismay:rolleyes: If she's doing her LOUD scream, she likes to perch on my hands as I bob her up and down and she flaps and flaps. If she's doing her yell, we just look at each other and yell "AHHHHH" at each other. She loves it:lol:

Spike is definitely a screamer! He screams if he wants something, if he gets spooked, if he has a lot of energy, if he's in a stinker mood, if you're not sharing your food with him, if he's bored, or really even if he just wants to. He loooooves to vocalize and does it often! Like Chewy, he loves to have screaming sessions with us. He'll go up to your face, look directly at you, and "AHHHHH" at you and wait for you to join in lol. It can get quite loud when both 'toos and I are screaming:lol:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Chewy is not really a screamer (anymore). She sometimes has scream-fests in the late afternoon or evenings. I always encourage those, much to my family's dismay:rolleyes: If she's doing her LOUD scream, she likes to perch on my hands as I bob her up and down and she flaps and flaps. If she's doing her yell, we just look at each other and yell "AHHHHH" at each other. She loves it:lol:
Sounds like me and my 'toos!:hehe::D

Spike is definitely a screamer! He screams if he wants something, if he gets spooked, if he has a lot of energy, if he's in a stinker mood, if you're not sharing your food with him, if he's bored, or really even if he just wants to. He loooooves to vocalize and does it often! Like Chewy, he loves to have screaming sessions with us. He'll go up to your face, look directly at you, and "AHHHHH" at you and wait for you to join in lol. It can get quite loud when both 'toos and I are screaming:lol:
Aww Spike sounds like a perfect cockatoo!:heart: I love them little chicken butts!:heart::heart::heart:

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
Sadie is 35 and as a young bird was brought to my vet with an injury. Her old owners couldn't pay so they wanted to put her to sleep. My vet told them that they would take Sadie and pay to have her treated and she would become their personal bird. They used her as a "clinic bird" to greet the clients. Worked out great...except she screamed so much she used to set the burgler alarms off at night! After a few nights of running back to their office at 3AM they had to find Sadie a new home.
So yes...I would say Sadie screams...*just a tad* (hehe). She's not tooooo bad, I can handle it probably 95% of the time without having to go to my room and close the room to get away from it. She gets really bad when I have company over. She even makes the dogs howl lol.
Zoey didn't used to scream, but being next to Sadie she's "found her voice"- so I hear her sometimes. Not bad at all though. I could *almost* keep her in an apartment- with some birdloving neighbors. She's not nearly as vocal as my dogs can be- mostly she says "ZoeyBird" when she wants attention (very loudly).
Micah's darn near silent- he just mumbles and hasn't found his "cockatoo voice" yet.
And Katie I haven't heard a peep out of yet- just one or two little sounds- you hardly know she's there.
Sadie helps to make up for the others though!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Sadie is 35 and as a young bird was brought to my vet with an injury. Her old owners couldn't pay so they wanted to put her to sleep. My vet told them that they would take Sadie and pay to have her treated and she would become their personal bird. They used her as a "clinic bird" to greet the clients. Worked out great...except she screamed so much she used to set the burgler alarms off at night! After a few nights of running back to their office at 3AM they had to find Sadie a new home.
So yes...I would say Sadie screams...*just a tad* (hehe). She's not tooooo bad, I can handle it probably 95% of the time without having to go to my room and close the room to get away from it. She gets really bad when I have company over. She even makes the dogs howl lol.
Zoey didn't used to scream, but being next to Sadie she's "found her voice"- so I hear her sometimes. Not bad at all though. I could *almost* keep her in an apartment- with some birdloving neighbors. She's not nearly as vocal as my dogs can be- mostly she says "ZoeyBird" when she wants attention (very loudly).
Micah's darn near silent- he just mumbles and hasn't found his "cockatoo voice" yet.
And Katie I haven't heard a peep out of yet- just one or two little sounds- you hardly know she's there.
Sadie helps to make up for the others though!
Them M2s sure know how to rock the house and make other animals join in! LOL.

Beeba my mom's M2 is so loud.. I like it. But I do admit she is loud. Very loud:p:cool1: She will scream and make all sorts of loud cute noises (but in a loud M2 voice) and make my U2s sound off:rolleyes: U2s just dont reach that high level pitch as M2s do, so they find Beeba's normal screams to be alarming and so they sound off their alarm calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.