• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do they appreciate your cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cooking for Emma is very gratifying for me.:heart: She licks everything up till there is no more left and she also finishes anything that Sachi doesn't eat. Sachi enjoys my cooking most of the time but not all the time. Often she will snub it or hold out for something different.:confused:

Emma really loves my cooking.:dance4:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here, different birds appreciate different things, but generally it's the big girls that like my cooking, and it is gratifying because they can eat a lot :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hehe: It's good to have Emma around otherwise, I'd probably feel less motivated to cook parrot food on a regular basis.:rofl:

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Well, yesterday I offered Honu some bread and he told me "Not good." :o: I guess he doesn't appreciate the hour I slaved over it!

Tango on the other hand ate every crumb very happily like he does with everything I cook.

I think the picture below sums up his feelings on my cooking:

And no, I didn't not alter his bowl. That came directly out of his cage with a smiley face in it. LOL

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:p Honu really did that?????:p

THank goodness for Tango!!:hug8:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Most of my guys do appreciate the cooking I do for them! Olly is the exception, of course. Kermit is always the most excited to get his breakfast and dinner. Especially dinner - he is usually out on the play area on top of his cage when I serve it and I sit the bowl on top of the cage and he rushes down to get to that bowl lol. Always makes me feel appreciated:D

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
:p Honu really did that?????:p

THank goodness for Tango!!:hug8:
Yes! He is such a BRAT! I used to think he wasn't going to talk much...but now he does only to insult people. Or say Bless you. :lol:

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
My guys NEVER turn down food, so I'd say they appreciate it. Now the conures don't eat very much just because they have tiny tummies but the others are chow hounds and run to anything being put into their cages :D

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
O my gosh, yes, they really appreciate my cooking. When I give them birdy bread, the entire birdroom is silent, LOL! Same thing for the birdy mash but they prefer bread over mash most of the time. I cook a lot of things for them all at the same time and then freeze most of it, for later. (so I won't be cooking constantly).

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I get no appreciation for the food I cook, unless I'm the one who is eating it. Then, clearly, it is worthy of them to eat and I therefore must share.

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
The cockatoos are pretty much big snobs- they are pretty picky about what they like. My favorite guy to cook for is Touche! Since he had a bad start to his life, he just seems extra grateful for every little thing I do for him. He's SO cute. Cleans his bowl every time. That's my guy!:heart:

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
So far every variation of birdie bread has been a hit with the big birds. Miss Jasmine just started screaming this morning because she ran out of bread. I gave a half piece with the idea of saving the rest for later. She didn't like that idea.

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
Littlefoot, Nugget, and Soto always usualy really like whatever i cook wether it be birdie bread or mash

Lucy can be really picky. wont eat birdie bread enlse i mix it in with her mash and sometime will only eat a couple bites of mash

Amigo and the finches so far have refused to even taste the mash but the finches have tasted the birdie bread

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Well, yesterday I offered Honu some bread and he told me "Not good." :o: I guess he doesn't appreciate the hour I slaved over it!

Tango on the other hand ate every crumb very happily like he does with everything I cook.

I think the picture below sums up his feelings on my cooking:

And no, I didn't not alter his bowl. That came directly out of his cage with a smiley face in it. LOL
That's hilarious! Not good!:rofl:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dancing: All I know, is that feeding Emma is very good for my ego!! :dancing:

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmm ..

Don't know if they "appreciate" the food I cook for them as something to eat, but they sure do seem to enjoy the subsequent "food throwing contests" that my food seems to inspire. :rolleyes:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
but they sure do seem to enjoy the subsequent "food throwing contests" that my food seems to inspire. :rolleyes:
:rofl: My birds are the same!

I think my birds appreciate my cooking, their bowls are always empty afterwards. :D (most of it's eaten, the rest they use to have food fights)

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Hmm ..

Don't know if they "appreciate" the food I cook for them as something to eat, but they sure do seem to enjoy the subsequent "food throwing contests" that my food seems to inspire. :rolleyes:
LOL Are you the target too?? I've been bonked in the head by a few veggies...

Status
Not open for further replies.