• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do macaws need another macaw for company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
not if you go by our "odd couple of boys" Chaz is bonded with Jay our blue fronted Amazon. The one reason I spent a day travelling to collect and bring them back home was the fact I knew it would be a dreadful wrench for them to be parted, and that was on the cards as the only way to find them new homes in a hurry.
The have their own cages now and are moved around close together but also living next to my Greys. They completely ignore one another.until they are parted when being moved from one room to another and then the noise is an uproar until they clap eyes on the other again and peace reigns once more.:D

Attachments

Nailrep

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Cindy
I have two macaws - a B&G and a severe. They are buddies, but from afar!! They call to each other when they aren't in the same room. They talk to each other during the day. Tonight, Ringo was laughing like an evil bird and Elvis kept saying "Stop that! Stop that!" to her. She will say "UP!!" (That's all she CAN say!!) and he will start saying "Come here! Up Up!" to her.

Although I wouldn't trust them in the same cage, I do believe they love each other. I think they are great company for each other when I am at work.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Not sure if Leroy our oldest Grey is that fussed by them. If they get a bit noisy like first thing in the morning and last thing at night. she will yell at them to "shut up!" and usually they do listen to her, never to me though, funny that.:rofl:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

HAHAHAH That is so cute that your Macaw and the zon love each other! I am such a worry wart I would be spazzing out! I have noone here that even remotely shows interest in each other , other than the growling...does that count?
Now..Molly (new BG rescue) HATES HATES HATES other fids. So getting him to interact or even be NOT screaming in the presence of other birds is fun times. I just let everyone do what they want..if you wantto scream..do it up doesnt bother me none,.

Status
Not open for further replies.