• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do I look dumb to you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Ok, so I thought Kerbear could use some mental stimulation. (Okay, nothing good was on TV and we wanted some entertainment:D)

So I put nuts in a treat wheel this afternoon and hung it up.

A friend and I sit on the couch and watch Kerbear wander over. She grabs the handle and whirls it around. She sticks a toe through the holes and touchs a nut, then taps her beak on the plastic. My friend says, "Are you sure she can get them out of there?" I laugh and say "She has to get them out of there or she can't eat." As soon as I say that Kerbear looked right at me, made a noise, then wandered right over to her pellets. She looked right at me, reached in with a foot and grabbed some pellets, brought them to her beak and munched them. All while looking at me:eek:

My friend started busting up laughing and told me Kerbear was saying "Do I look dumb to you??"

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
:laughing6::laughing6::laughing6:

it makes me glad she was left on your doorstep everytime I read about her

they are soooo smart!

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
I was terrified of KerBear the night she was brought here. We would have given her up in a second to someone we felt would be a good home. Now my hubby says if someone came for her he would run for the shotgun :p

I can't believe she has so much personality and yet is still gentle and not loud. She certainly is full of mischief

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
:hehe: She said aww forget this, I'm going for the easy stuff! Kudos to you for trying that though, she'll get eventually.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:lol: She sounds like such a fun bird. Hard to believe the previous owners ditched her without a thought.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
:rofl: What a stinker! :D

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am sure she is way smarter than the people who dropped her off.

Ginger

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Kerbear sure was a God-send! Can't believe she was dropped off. Your gain. She is just a barrel of laughs. They must not have had much of a sense of humor.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
one thing about Kerbear..NOT DUMB..smarter than all of us put together!!!!!!!:laughing12:

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
no accounting for taste - they had none and it's your gain! BTW, funny Kerbear, she knows where her bread is buttered

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
LOL!!

Kbear sure is a smarty pants!!:heart:

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
that is such an awesome story!!! I didn't know she was left on your door step?! care to tell the tale again
Basically a friend of a friend with a neighbor getting rid of a "white eyed conure" that we agreed to take in was suddenly dropped off at our doorstep in a box. The bird turned out to be Godzilla bird that was scared of us and we were scared of it. It wasn't the white eyed conure we had been told it was but a huge green Mealy Monster :D She won us over quickly and has proven to be the best blessing in disguise. I am sorry the people lost their house, but glad we ended up with KerBear out of it. In such a short time we couldn't imagine this place without her.

Status
Not open for further replies.