• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Discounts that Pique our interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:cool: First and foremost I would like to thank all AA vendors who will be participating in the upcoming Sidewalk sale. Thank you Danita and Gg for organizing everything behind the scenes.:) I know it's alot of work. Thank you for dedicating so much of your time to offer all of us this event.

In light of the upcoming SWS.. I thought it would be a great idea to provide some feedback to our vendors so they know what kinds of sales will excite, entice and captivate us.:)

I already know which vendors are on my hope list. :D

Once again these are merely ideas and hopes. Not expectations or anything that any vendor is obligated to offer.;)

Here's what tends to get me opening up my wallet to spend.:D

Free shipping is always a HUGE incentive.

If the vendor provides free shipping to those in the US but not to Canada, it would be nice if there is an equivalent value discount offered to Canadian clients to help offset our higher shipping costs. I see this as a nice and reasonable good will gesture.

I always love the Buy (x amount) and get 1 free, however....
besides products from Avian Organics, I really don't tend to purchase the multiple products of the same item in an order unless it's stuff like (perches, toy parts and supplies)

Last of all.. I love a discount that is slightly higher than the usual discounts that are applied throughout the year.

HOpe this helps.:)

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
I have been waiting quite a few months to try out some vendors for the SWS. :) I agree, free shipping and buy some get some are some of my favorites.

Forthesilent

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Laura
I love free shipping. Honestly anything with free shipping makes me very happy :D. This will be my first sws so I'm sure I'll buy lots that I definately don't "need." I do need some perches, bowls, and lots of toy supplies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
:cool: First and foremost I would like to thank all AA vendors who will be participating in the upcoming Sidewalk sale. Thank you Danita and Gg for organizing everything behind the scenes.:) I know it's alot of work. Thank you for dedicating so much of your time to offer all of us this event.

In light of the upcoming SWS.. I thought it would be a great idea to provide some feedback to our vendors so they know what kinds of sales will excite, entice and captivate us.:)

I already know which vendors are on my hope list. :D

Once again these are merely ideas and hopes. Not expectations or anything that any vendor is obligated to offer.;)

Here's what tends to get me opening up my wallet to spend.:D

Free shipping is always a HUGE incentive.

If the vendor provides free shipping to those in the US but not to Canada, it would be nice if there is an equivalent value discount offered to Canadian clients to help offset our higher shipping costs. I see this as a nice and reasonable good will gesture.

I always love the Buy (x amount) and get 1 free, however....
besides products from Avian Organics, I really don't tend to purchase the multiple products of the same item in an order unless it's stuff like (perches, toy parts and supplies)

Last of all.. I love a discount that is slightly higher than the usual discounts that are applied throughout the year.

HOpe this helps.:)
I like all of this specially the shipping with equal value discount to Canada.

I also have a short list of vendors I do want to shop with and one of them is State side.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with 15% off discounts although if it's higher, it's nice but I do understand why it might be a hard thing to do.

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
Whoa didn't realize the Sidewalk Sale is happening so soon!! Off to go search the forum to find out when exactly...

Any discount over 15% catches my eye regardless of what it is! Free shipping is always good. I fully support the idea of all Sidewalk Sale vendors offering a 60% discount!!!

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I love free shipping! I also agree that the buy "X" get "X" free always catches my eye.

I would also support a "free caique with purchase" sale :D

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I think Saemma's post summarized it for me. I have my list of vendors and things I want to get and try.:)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:eek::D I see there are a few jokers on this thread. Free Caique with purchase..:rofl:

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Hmm definitely LOVE free shipping. Especially if it's spread out for smaller monetary amounts since I'm planning on spreading what money I have through various vendors. And to be honest, if there's 10+ shipping for each vendor I might stick with one just because if I'm going to the three-four shops I have my eye on and end up paying an additional $40 in shipping it kind of voids out a lot of savings. Barring that, flat rate shipping would be awesome as well.

I know buy one get one frees are one of my favorite, but I also adore buy one get one half offs, or even buy two get one free. Anything above 15% off also catches my eye. That's definitely what caught me with T4Ws for my first order.

As for my wish list. Perches are a big one, maybe toys/toy making supplies, and treat foods like birdie bread, cooked food, etc are all on my list of wants.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love, love "buy x, get x free (or reduced)." I like to think I'm getting free/reduced stuff, and my guys/gals have favorites that I buy multiples of. :) Substantial discounts on shipping are also great!

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
When IS the Sidewalk Sale?!?!?!!? Did I miss something?!?!?!?

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I like to have a % off, and free shipping is always great! Maybe a free toy with every purchase, etc.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My favorites are free shipping and 15+% off. Usually if a vendor will do 20% I will go a little nuts :p
:D She means nutsier than usual.:)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Look at these discounts people want.
I think everyone wants us to be in the poor house
:hehe:

How about this
FREE
and
FREE Shipping
PLUS
Free Toy with every FREE purchase.
AND ummm :chin:
My first born, you can have her, she is 21 now.
:lol:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I do want to participate but didn't realize we had set a date yet...no worries, I PMd Danita and yelled at her!;)

:eek: you mean you're not participating?:(:D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
What do you mean? You aren't already IN the poor house????:eek:

I see you're still trying to give away that pesky kid too Danita!;)

Look at these discounts people want.
I think everyone wants us to be in the poor house
:hehe:

How about this
FREE
and
FREE Shipping
PLUS
Free Toy with every FREE purchase.
AND ummm :chin:
My first born, you can have her, she is 21 now.
:lol:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Kristen,
I don't think you would have much luck with her cleaning your kitchen.
Although, my proudest moment as a mother was when she emptied the dishwasher last week :lol:

FYI I tease her, you guys, I :heart: her very much, just don't tell her, she might run with it :faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.