• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Did you know from the start that ONE parrot would not be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Well, I was 2 when my family got our first bird, so... not really?

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
I thought 2 would be good, I like pairs:D However I can't explain the other 3:eek::lol:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I had Snickers for about 6 months before I got another fid... I had always planned to get 2 birds from the beginning. :)

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I had one budgie, then wanted a friend for them. Then my little sister got a budgie and one of mine died so there were two, but one of them was Sun... who pretty much hated people. And I wanted two that were friendly, so I added Seafoam, but that was an odd number and I got Salt. Then Kelp came to make Sun not the only girl... Yeah. Pretty much like potato chips. :) I like having more than two budgies, maybe 4 is perfect. Then they get the happy flock dynamic going. I never intended to just have one bird though, so it's never been a problem. I don't intend to get more budgies in the next 5 years at all though, so we'll see who's still going strong after that.

I would like to get a second large bird on the 'birds should have friends' principle, but I know it doesn't work so easily with larger more opinionated parrots as it does for budgies, so we'll see if I just get a friend for me, a friend for Jasper, or hit the jackpot and find a final bird who can be both.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
No, I was pretty sure I'd get another bird. Right now my two are just fine. Later on I might reevaluate things. I still have my heart set on a grey. :heart:

Julsiebean

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Julie
I was instantly hooked and wanted more more more. I have two more coming my way in the next several weeks and that is IT. At my max. No more. For a long while anyway...;)

Karighan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Liz
I thought one would be enough. But after a week with Cash, I already knew that I'd never be able to be without them. I may never have a HUGE flock.. But at least I would have two or three.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Definitely. Now breaking that fact to my hubby is going to be the difficult part:lol:

brdfvr

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Krystal
I thought I'd be just satisfied with my one GC. Then I found bird forums and Pionus parrots! Now I am sure I want 4, mostly Pionus! Maybe one of each-more common species (BW, WC, BH and Dusky!)

ETA: I might switch out one of my 'dream' pionus for my super dream Galah! But I'm pretty sure 4 birds is my max. At least for a while.

Last edited:

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
I did thought that 1 or 2 will be enough for us!! WRONG!! But I LOVE them ALL!! Once we got into macaws....that's where the real love is!!! Love them macaws!!

lzver

Real Name
Laura
When we got Lucy, we only ever had the intention of having 1 bird. Then a few months after getting Lucy we were out shopping for toys and food for her and Jessie wrapped his little beak around my heart. He was an impulse purchase ... not one that I have ever regretted though.

For the longest time I was content with 2 birds, but then I started thinking about getting a third. I spent several months researching several larger birds and then decided that I was content with the Poi's and that is how Kylie joined the flock. I'm content with 3 for now. But would love to have a grey, my dream bird, some day.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
For the longest time I was content with 2 birds, but then I started thinking about getting a third. I spent several months researching several larger birds and then decided that I was content with the Poi's and that is how Kylie joined the flock. I'm content with 3 for now. But would love to have a grey, my dream bird, some day.
I remember those days when you were asking about Amazons :)

lzver

Real Name
Laura

I remember those days when you were asking about Amazons :)
Yeah ... hard to believe that was well over a year ago. I'm still fascinated by Amazon's, but my research did tell me they weren't the right type of bird for our household. No regrets in my decision to get another Poi or add Kylie to the flock. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.