• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Did he throw up??

Nakeisha

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nakeisha
So not long ago, my bird was acting very weird, bobbing his head very rapidly, and not long after, there was this liquid with food combined in his mouth? I don’t know if he threw up or regurgitated we was eating it, then after he was trying to “mate” with me, so I’m not sure if he was on heat and that’s what they do, but I’m very confused someone please help

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Did he expel the food, place it somewhere or eat it?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Based on your description, it sounds like regurgitation. Vomiting is more head shaking and look uncontrolled, with stuff flying everywhere. Regurgitation looks like he's forcing something up his throat.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did it look something like this? This is regurgitation in a green cheek conure.

Nakeisha

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nakeisha
It kinda looked similar yes, but I didn’t see him regurgitate bc I looked away, he bobs his head whenever he is happy so I thought he was really happy haha but then I turn around and there was stuff all in his mouth, the head bobbing looked exactly like that tho thank u

Nakeisha

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nakeisha
Based on your description, it sounds like regurgitation. Vomiting is more head shaking and look uncontrolled, with stuff flying everywhere. Regurgitation looks like he's forcing something up his throat.
No stuff didn’t fly everywhere, it stayed in his mouth, it looked like he was trying to get something out of his throat

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It sure sounds like regurgitation to me. Birds will regurgitate as a bonding experience and a courtship ritual (see how well I can feed you! I'll be able to feed our chicks just as well!). How old is your baby?

Nakeisha

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nakeisha
I actually don’t know how old he is, I got him from a friend and she neglected him, she didn’t want him, only to basically kill it, I have asked her many times to tell me how old but she doesn’t respond so, I’m guessing he’s 8? ‍♀

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Sounds like regurgitation to me also.