• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cupids gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
My b/f just called me the Lady who bought cupid called him He died this evening he was fine yesterday and earlier today and just fell over dead

he'd be 4 months old on Tuesday - he was in perfect health!

my bf gave me the number to call them - he's out at a camp ground that doesn't get good connection so his phone cuts in and out

I called and started asking the normal questions about perfume, cologne All that stuff, before i could finish any sentence "no she didn't", how can it be answered if I didn't finish my question?

there was no reason for him to just die, he was perfectly fine! and the only thing I know that kills that quick are things like plug in air fresheners, candles, etc

Supposedly the daughter [ adult woman] hadn't cooked the night before they went out to eat, and they hadn't cooked yet today

The lady I spoke to was the mother, she said no one wears perfume - I didn't want to call her out on the lie, and I didn't feel like arguing BUT one of them had perfume on when they were here at my house, I don't use it and haven't in 3 years and when I walked past them to get Cupid I smelled it and it made me cough and gag

My b/f told the mom when her daughters up to it If she wanted she could get another bird , but right now I'm not so sure I'm wanting to do that

I do not give refunds UNLESS the bird is seen by an Avian vet within 2 days of buying it, Or if by chance it dies then they have to get a necropsy - which i have to see the paper work and it has to show it was something the bird had at my home if it comes back it was their negligence then no refund [which I think both scenarios are acceptable only if those are done a refund will be given} - but that's not going to be done either

I just don't know how a perfectly healthy 3 1/2 month old bird that was playful, curious, always wanting to be with us, just falls over dead out of no where

And i don't know what to do, I just took his cage out side today to clean it this weekend, even that didn't make it sink it that he was sold.. BUT now it sinks in- and now I'm balling my eyes out

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
That's so sad. I'm thinking there must have been some sort of toxin in the home. I would not give them a refund unless they get a necropsy. IMHO.
Another possibility is that is regressed and wasn't eating and starved to death. In which case it would be their fault and pure neglect. They would be able to tell if he wasn't eating.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
That's so sad. I'm thinking there must have been some sort of toxin in the home. I would not give them a refund unless they get a necropsy. IMHO.
Another possibility is that is regressed and wasn't eating and starved to death. In which case it would be their fault and pure neglect. They would be able to tell if he wasn't eating.
he was eating, fine, drinking, Playing, but i guess this evening he got a bit quiet, then died just that quick

I'm so sorry :(
Can she at least get a necropsy to try to find out what went wrong?
:hug8:
I brought that up to and again "no" before i could finish my entire sentence

Lesson learned just because the bird falls in love with the person on sight doesn't always make them the best home

Thanks Guys :hug8:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am sorry for your loss :hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so sorry........

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I'm sorry.:( I probably wouldn't be wanting to sell them another bird either.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm so sorry Kelli, how sad. :(

Same thing happened here, I gave one of the baby IRNs to a guy, s/he was perfectly healthy, happy, and noisy... a few weeks after I sold the baby to him, my mum seen the guy again and he said the baby had died.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks guys

the only other thing i can think of is they didn't give him a teddy to cuddle with - he's had it since he was about 1 1/2 months old, But the mom said the daughter bought a mirror at the pet store and he cuddle to that - so I doubt that was the reason

so im still leaning strongly towards toxins in the house

and if my posts are hard to figure out -sorry this keyboard only works when it wants to most of the keys i use the most don't want to work

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
OH, I am so sorry about that. :(

The story does seem a bit fishy. . . Something just doesn't seem right, y'know?

Once again, I'm sorry that this happened. :(

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks

Yea I thought it was a bit fishy myself.

I don't know how I'm going to tell my kids, they loved him to death, and played with him daily and our neighbor girl Loved him from day one because he was born on her Birthday :( she kept telling the women that while they were here too she was very proud to have a bird born on her Birthday - now to figure out how to tell them, She's away for the weekend So i have time to figure out how to break it to her, But my kids are home, Maybe it would be easier on her if it came from them?

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
I don't know if it would neccasarily be easier on her if the kids told her. . . Either way, I'm sure she'll be crushed. :( Maybe you could tell them all at the same time, when she gets back?

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I don't know if it would neccasarily be easier on her if the kids told her. . . Either way, I'm sure she'll be crushed. :( Maybe you could tell them all at the same time, when she gets back?

thats probably what I'll do that way it'll give me time to get over it and be able to tell them w/out balling before my mouth even opens to tell them

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
thats probably what I'll do that way it'll give me time to get over it and be able to tell them w/out balling before my mouth even opens to tell them
Yes, yes. That sounds like a good idea. Once again, so sorry about this.

SultanMyM2

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Wow Kelli that sux I'm sorry for the loss of Cupid :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.