• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cuddly or not cuddly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie-France

Walking the driveway
Real Name
France Bégin
I am asking: is your gray cuddly or not?

I am asking because from what we read and hear everywhere they are not considered as a cuddly species of parrot. Yet mine are verrrrry cuddly.... :hug8: More than my cockatoo!:eek: They would stay on us all day long, love to be petted everywhere and hugged, and Kimber my girl never wants me to stop to pet her, when I do she takes my fingers in her beak and make cute little sounds, saying "Hey, c'mon, don't stop!"

I love them to pieces!!!!

Fommy

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rhonda
I don't think Jack is cuddly but he sure does like to be right with me ands he loves his rubbins. He might even be selfish.:hehe:

drop

Rollerblading along the road
Mine are also very snuggly. One is a CAG and one a TAG. They would love to be pet all over, but I stick to only the head. They will take my fingers and direct it to their head or give the tiniest little love nip if I stop petting them while we are cuddling. It is so cute. :heart:

Cody, whom I have had since he was a baby, went through a standoffish stage between 18-24 monthes of age, but I think that's just cause he wanted to get away from "mommy" a bit. He has become a snuggler again ever since.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Mine LOVES head scritches, but only when he wants them. That's about it. I haven't had much of a chance to see if he's really, truely cuddly because when I started to trust him he got all hormonal on me and I couldn't have him in my lap anymore.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Asher is a cuddle bug and would be with me all day if I let him... He also is very demanding when it comes to scritches! :heart:

pga7602

Jogging around the block
Coral is very very cuddly. She fuzzes up and gets really close so i can wrap my hands around her. she likes to be real close and loves head scratches. She's 9 months old, so maybe it's just a stage?

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Slater is very lovable with me and LOVES his head scritched. He's only 9 months old so this may be short-lived so I am enjoying it as long as possible.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Ajax is a cuddler and he is only 4 1/2 months old. He will bow his head down to my fingers in anticipation for head scritches....if it is a really good scritch session he will hang on to my shirt with his beak and close his eyes like he is drifting away somewhere :D

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I knew a female African Grey once, named "Maggy", she is exceptionally cuddly, sweet, very friendly, and overall lovie dovie.. I think she had something for me though, as I was the only one who could do many of things I did to her(like hold her upside down, spread her wings out, flap while hanging from one toe upside down, etc).

Kathy

Sporty is very Cuddly when he wants to be, sometimes he reverts back to being a meanie and wants to be left alone.

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
Chico is cuddly before bedtime, other than that, he's not super cuddly but not opposed to the occasional hug or head scritch.

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
Our Cag is cuddly with her daddy and down right vicious with me

Attachments

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldn't describe her as "cuddly" but DEFINITELY very loving.:heart:

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Shiloh likes to cuddle most of the time, especially in the evening.

drop

I see a few Greys are most snuggly around bedtime. Cody is certainly not cuddly when he knows bedtime is approaching, he is quite evasive actually ;) :hehe:

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
I've met a few I'd consider cuddly or at least they like being as close to you as possible but they are nothing like a cuddletoo. :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Status
Not open for further replies.