• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crocks for cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Any idea where I could find replacement ones? :confused: I have tried googling but I am not hitting the right keywords. The approx. diameter of the holder in the cage is 4.5", but the interior part is slightly smaller...I would prefer ceramic but anything will do. :)
Thanks...I am drawing a blank!:confused::confused::confused:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Fenrix crocks and feeders is the company that makes stonewear type ceramic crocks like come in parrot cages. I ordered several replacement crocks for my large parrots so I will have two sets for every cage. They also have all sizes from three oz to 45 oz. Prices seem quite reasonable to me. They even make those hooded crocks you see used with macaws. Hope this helps. I happened to pick up a crock at a pet store once and on the bottom was the word 'Fenrix' so I put it in the search engine on my computer and there it was.

You can get plastic crocks from laboratory supply companies, but I don't like plastic as it develops gouges and scratches. Give me the heavy ceramic.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I heard that Fenix is out of business.

What type of cage is it? I think I know of the right bowl that would fit.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Nope Fenix is still on line. I put an order in tonight. They have really jazzed up their line.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I received an email from someone the other day. They said they have tried for weeks to place an order but nothing happens - no credit card was charged, etc. He insisted they went out of business. (LOL - he wrote to me about a crock and I actually referred him to their website).

Let me know if all goes okay with your order and I will let him know, okay? Thanks, Lois!

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Lois, thanks! they actually have a crock that *should* fit in the ring on the cage. I will have to read the return policy before I buy. Thank you again!

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
It is a blue ribbon pet products avian premier cage. The holder can hold a crock 4 3/8" across and 3" or so deep. What do you have in mind?

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I received an email from someone the other day. They said they have tried for weeks to place an order but nothing happens - no credit card was charged, etc. He insisted they went out of business. (LOL - he wrote to me about a crock and I actually referred him to their website).

Let me know if all goes okay with your order and I will let him know, okay? Thanks, Lois!
I heard the same thing a few years ago actually.
We ended up buying Fenix #2 crocks from a Canadian store that still had a few of them.
The price was 3 x what they are on the Fenix web site. (ouch)
Maybe they closed their store for a time, and then re-opened?

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Lois did you receive your crocks? Can you let me know? I have a customer who desperately wants these crocks but, like I said, the order is never processed.

Anxious to hear from you. Thanks!!!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
It must be a dud site because I have no charge on my account even though I do have an order number. No answer back from customer service yet. Crap!

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I think they have shut down...didn't realize this post was still active so I just started another. Oops. Who has alternate ideas?

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
It must be a dud site because I have no charge on my account even though I do have an order number. No answer back from customer service yet. Crap!
Thanks. That's exactly what my customer told me.

Amanda - I think I might be able to get my hands on crocks that will fit. Tell me the cage again (Sorry if you already posted that).

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Thanks. That's exactly what my customer told me.

Amanda - I think I might be able to get my hands on crocks that will fit. Tell me the cage again (Sorry if you already posted that).
Posted it on the other thread as well. It is a blue ribbon pet products avian premier cage. The hoops it needs to fit are 4 3/8" across.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Does it fit into a ring? I am not familiar with that cage.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Yes, it is a ring, not a shelf. It will have to have a wider lip to hang over the ring but be 4 3/8" in outside diameter excluding the lip.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I just looked up the cage on the internet. So the top has to be 4 3/8". Give me some time to work on this. Please feel free to emai me if you don't hear from me.
Sometimes I get busy and can't get on here daily, although I do try.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Drs Foster and Smith carry various sized crocks. You might actually have to call or e-mail customer service to get the dimensions but I have had good luck with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.