• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crippled budgie

eleanor.br

Checking out the neighborhood
My parakeet's toes have become I increasingly useless. We spent tons if money at the vet for exams and x-rays, but no answer on why. She is just balancing and using one leg and one foot.
Eats well, Twitter and plays with me, so I think she's healthy.
Is there a set of products like soft perches or small shelves for her house? Or advice. It pains me so to see her struggle like this, and I worry she'll get wounds on her legs and feet from using them like she does.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’m not sure where you are so I won’t bother adding links but you could search for platform perches online. You can also use vet wrap to pad up any perches you have for softer and easier gripping.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello, Do you have a picture of her feet?

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Maybe getting her different perches will help and not let the problem exacerbate but Id try another vet. She's losing feeling in her toes. Circulation getting cut off?? Are her toes looking like they arent getting oxygen?? Has her poop consistency changed?? At some point, getting to the root of the problem before she gets to far gone needs to happen. Try another vet.