• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crimson Bellied Conure

Mamags

Moving in
Real Name
Donna Gilliam
Hi I’m new here. I think my original post with this went as a reply to someone’s ? But I can’t find it. Sorry. Anyway I have a 20 yr old Umbrella, a 7 year old Goffin, a 6 month old cockatiel, & a 6 month old Crimson Bellied Conure. My ? is when will my Crimson Bellied Conure’s belly turn crimson. She has crimson under her wings and just a few feathers on her belly.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! My Crimson I used to have got his fully belly roughly around 10 months old if I remember correctly. @webchirp would you agree? @Mockinbirdiva @Matto

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Yeah I'd say about 6-10 months, some faster than others. All in good time.

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
Same with our Crimson bellied. I would say closer to 10 months for entire red for ours. Ours is male so I don't know whether there is a difference due to gender but they will be gorgeous when full adult plumage comes in. We are amazed at the turquoise, blue and green feathers.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hi I’m new here. I think my original post with this went as a reply to someone’s ? But I can’t find it. Sorry. Anyway I have a 20 yr old Umbrella, a 7 year old Goffin, a 6 month old cockatiel, & a 6 month old Crimson Bellied Conure. My ? is when will my Crimson Bellied Conure’s belly turn crimson. She has crimson under her wings and just a few feathers on her belly.
Welcome! That was a reply to the message welcoming you to the forum. It is only visible to you, and one super administrator, and myself.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
What an interesting flock! How does your goffin get along with the conure and the cockatiel? Can they be out at the same time?

SumitaSinh

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Rios belly turned crimson gradually by his first year birthday. Please post her pics. I've lost my Rio recently, your pics will give me some happiness.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Rios belly turned crimson gradually by his first year birthday. Please post her pics. I've lost my Rio recently, your pics will give me some happiness.
I'm just so sorry. I kept hoping for news that he's been found.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welave:

Mamags

Moving in
Real Name
Donna Gilliam
What an interesting flock! How does your goffin get along with the conure and the cockatiel? Can they be out at the same time?
All are out at the same time. Every once in awhile they might peck one another if they get too close to one another. But each has their own spot on us.