• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cricut Heat Transfer Press

14knitting

Moving in
Real Name
Kimberley
I was wondering if anyone has worked with a Cricut heat transfer press.....it is described as having a ceramic plate. The more professional heat presses have a teflon plate and I know I can't use that. Also wonder if the heat on the vinyl will emit a poisonous fumes? Would love to work on some projects.....might be working on the porch.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I used a regular iron on a project with cricut HTV, I did it in a different room across the house (with windows open just in case) and my birds were fine. If you're not sure, doing it on the porch is a good idea.

I've read that some birds are kept near fumes for a long time and nothing happens, while others drop dead the first time, so I wouldn't risk using it anywhere near the birds. I didn't notice any smelly fumes, but that doesn't mean there weren't any.

I don't have the cricut heat press, but because it has a ceramic plate I would assume it's safer than a Teflon one.