• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures CrestieLover has a new Linnie

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
While I was having my down time away (I adopted a Lovie) AND I purchased a Linnie.

Before I got Sprout (RIP - lovebird), I was contemplating getting a Linnie. I had researched & was nervous about them being hand shy so I went lovebird. I have since bought one that I found to be so beautiful. He hatched in April so he's still very young.

I love his peeps....he started sounding like my dogs barking only after having h 2 days - are they really that intelligent? He's talking (I think) but I can't make out what he's attempting to say.

He loves head rubs but only if cupped in my hand like a cradle.

I'm having a hard time getting him to eat anything other than seeds. I have actually started soaking pellets with some seeds mixed in a bowl of warm water. He is eating this - I hope this will help him get a taste for the new food. Shows no interest in veggies or fruits yet but I continue to give to him everyday. (I already have a routine of preparing fresh foods for Larry- my caique, so everyone gets them)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I am calling him Levi. What color do you call this?

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
He is adorable. Keep trying with the veggies. My linnies didn't eat any fresh foods for the longest time even though the breeder of my lutino said she was weaned onto the frozen vegetable mix. She also said that she loved the rainbow pellets and didn't touch the natural colored pellets, but the first day I got her she ate only the natural colored pellets o_O I think it's a nervous/new environment/"don't know what's safe and what's going to eat me" thing. Eventually they'll try it, especially when you're not looking.

His color is Dturquoise, which is turquoise with one dark factor, also called "cobalt".

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Color is cobalt blue just like my male. Linnies are really good eaters so try to serve the fresh foods in interesting ways like hanging in the cage.

Check out the Minnie forum postings and chat thread. They Adobe toys, especially soft woods. They thrive if they have a Linnie cage mate.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Levi is very pretty! Congratulations.

Joelle

Walking the driveway
What an adorable turquoise linnie! Keep giving the fruit and veg and cut it up finely in a food bowl and he will eventually eat it. Mine eat cucumber, apple, pear, corn, papaya, carrot and peas (but don't give too many as peas can have neurotoxins).
While I was having my down time away (I adopted a Lovie) AND I purchased a Linnie.

Before I got Sprout (RIP - lovebird), I was contemplating getting a Linnie. I had researched & was nervous about them being hand shy so I went lovebird. I have since bought one that I found to be so beautiful. He hatched in April so he's still very young.

I love his peeps....he started sounding like my dogs barking only after having h 2 days - are they really that intelligent? He's talking (I think) but I can't make out what he's attempting to say.

He loves head rubs but only if cupped in my hand like a cradle.

I'm having a hard time getting him to eat anything other than seeds. I have actually started soaking pellets with some seeds mixed in a bowl of warm water. He is eating this - I hope this will help him get a taste for the new food. Shows no interest in veggies or fruits yet but I continue to give to him everyday. (I already have a routine of preparing fresh foods for Larry- my caique, so everyone gets them)

View attachment 207795 View attachment 207796 View attachment 207797 View attachment 207798

I am calling him Levi. What color do you call this?

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So cute! I love linnies and was going to get one before I rescued Leto. :heart:

I love Levi's coloring :heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Linnies are such fun little birds. You will enjoy watching them play.