• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Craybie

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Wings Forever High, Turnip (Craybie)....

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss fly free in a little one

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you, everyone. We are still struggling to come to terms with him being gone, but at least we have his ashes back home with us now. He is getting a baby blue heart-shaped urn that will hopefully be here in a week or so.

Life feels very different without him. I still haven’t done anything with his cage yet (I keep it covered as if he’s sleeping). It hurts to raise the cover and see the emptiness and stillness where once my little boy would leap to the front of the cage for scritches. I’m going to try to face it this weekend.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
:sadhug2: :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I´m very sorry for your loss, at least you were there at the end and he took his last breaths in comfort in your embrace :sadhug:
Thank you. That is, above all, what I wish if I can’t keep them alive with me. That at least I am there to comfort and hold them when they pass away.:sad2:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry. Poor little one - and your family and flock. I'm glad he got that comfort snuggle and I hope he felt safe and loved. He'd come so far since he joined your home. :sad1:

He had the roundest, most expressive eyes. It was so special watching his journey on AA while he became less fearful with all the love and time you gave him. It always feels too soon but you both deserved to share his full life together.
:sadhug2:
I think he felt safe and loved. His little face seemed so contented and relaxed while he was getting cuddles, and all he seemed to want was to tuck up into my neck. I never imagined that he would make so much progress in the time we had together. He was an amazing little skitterbug. In the week before he passed away, he even made a friendship overture to my wife.

I absolutely loved his super round eyes, and the crazy looks cracked me up. He was so cute. I’m glad I was able to share his journey with you and others on AA. I so wish we could’ve had more time with him. This is the worst part, always - losing them. I know you understand all too well.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I think he felt safe and loved. His little face seemed so contented and relaxed while he was getting cuddles, and all he seemed to want was to tuck up into my neck. I never imagined that he would make so much progress in the time we had together. He was an amazing little skitterbug. In the week before he passed away, he even made a friendship overture to my wife.

I absolutely loved his super round eyes, and the crazy looks cracked me up. He was so cute. I’m glad I was able to share his journey with you and others on AA. I so wish we could’ve had more time with him. This is the worst part, always - losing them. I know you understand all too well.
I'm so glad he seemed to feel protected and loved, not just for his final moments but the years before too. I've never seen another lovebird quite like him, he was so special.

I miss Peanut horribly but I also know how lucky I was to be able to have her as a companion for 19 years. So many birds don't get to spend a long happy life in one home, the best they can hope for is to find their way to someone kind and loving like you. And so many people don't get to enjoy their birds' long lives like they both deserve.

We never can know if they will leave us early but your compassion made sure he had a great place to live for his time with you. I know it's not much solace though.

Faun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Faun
I hope this poem brings you comfort

I'll lend you, for a little while, a bird of mine," He said.
"For you to love while he lives, and mourn when he is dead.

It may be six or seven years, or maybe twenty-three,
But will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you, and shall his stay be brief,
You'll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay, as all from Earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there I want this bird to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in my search for teachers true,
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you.

Now will you give him all your love - not think this labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call, to take him back again.

I fancied that I heard them say, 'Dear Lord, thy will be done.'
For all the joy this bird shall bring, the risk of grief we'll run.

We'll shower him with tenderness and love while we may,
And for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay.

And should the angels call for him much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand."

If, by your love, you've managed, my wishes to achieve,
In memory of him you've loved; be thankful; do not grieve.

Cherish every moment of your feathered charge.
He filled your home with songs of joy the time he was alive.
Let not his passing take from you those memories to enjoy.

"I will lend to you, a Bird", God said, and teach you all you have to do.
And when I call him back to heaven, you will know he loved you too.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I'm very sorry for your loss. What a little beauty! It's so very hard when they leave us. Although, no doubt they are flying free amongst the trees in heaven, having fun, foraging, getting up to mischief, until we have the utmost joy of meeting up with them again oneday. X

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm very sorry for your loss. What a little beauty! It's so very hard when they leave us. Although, no doubt they are flying free amongst the trees in heaven, having fun, foraging, getting up to mischief, until we have the utmost joy of meeting up with them again oneday. X
Thank you. He was a pretty little nut cake and it was tough to get him to stay still long enough to admire him. I would bury my nose in his neck feathers and whisper “crazy baby” to him and kiss his little face - always made him squeak happily and crunch that beak excitedly (sounded menacing, but it wasn’t, lol). I loved when he’d say “baby” back to me.

I’m sure he’s making trouble over the rainbow bridge and having a talk with Beni about rejecting him so rudely!

I’m so sorry for the loss of your birdy as well. I know how devastated you must be. :darkcloud:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I can feel the love in your words and glad he was with you when he passed. He knew he was loved and safe and loved you right back :sadhug: