• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Couple Plum-head questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I was wondering if anyone can tell me when Plum-heads go through their first molt?

The breeder clipped my baby for the flight to Seattle because I had to change kennels and also just in case the bird had to be taken out of the carry on (which he did grr) that I had transferred him into when he was brought through security.

Anyways his wings are clipped way shorter than I would have liked and poor baby can't fly at all. It breaks my heart but I rearranged everything so that his cage isn't so high up any more and made it easier to get around for him.

I am also wondering if anyone that has a Plum-head if they can tell me how often theirs drinks water?

I still haven't caught mine drinking although he gobbles down apples like no tomorrow. I have been offering him water in a spoon and also drips off my fingertips and he's not very pleased by that. His poops look great and his appetite is wonderful. Am I just being a worrywart?

platinum

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sharon
I can answer your questions about moulting. Rain was nearly two when we got her.

But Rain rarely drinks, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.