• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Could have been a bad thing..bird on the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Eko, my silly ekkie, loves to go on walk abouts. He usually comes looking for me by walking around. Last night he had walked out of the bird room and made the long trek across the kitchen/office and was just heading past my husband. Well my husband didn't know he was there (neither of us heard the click click click of nails) and he lightly kicked him. Eko just kind of slid across the floor and looked up at Jon with the squinty eye.

That could have been a disaster though!

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
Awe poor lil guy-both of them, I bet it gave your husband a scare too! I'm glad all is ok :) I love the curiosity when they check out the floor but yea, it concerns me sometimes too.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Awww, poor lil guy, I can just imagine him giving hubby an evil eye, saying "you dare kick ME"? lol

TwoG2s

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jaye
I don't like the walk-abouts!

I am always looking over at the play area and counting heads before I go zoom-zoom-zoom in my wheelchair.

I live in fear of hearing squawk, squawk, squawk as I run over someone's little tail or toes :eek:

Glad Eko is ok!

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
I'm glad Eko's fine. I'm always scooping my Buddy up off the floor. I don't like it.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
How scarey!!! So glad both boys are okay!

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
How scarey! We lost our beloved GCC Tazzy that way many years back. My oldest son was the unfortunate kicker and was heartbroken.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
LOL I have had a quaker escape and come find me in the bathroom and bite my toes! Scared the crap out of me hahaha

cnmngrl

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jo
My BE2 is like a chicken. She's always wanting to wander around on the floor looking for scraps and other trouble. I worry that I'll step on her someday. My Golden Conure will occasionally fly off her perch to hunt me down. I've been washing dishes and not heard her only to freak out when something pecks my feet. It's scary...they should wear bells like cats stalking prey :) . Glad your little guy is ok.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Miss Ruby has done that to me on a few occasions. I wonder if it's time to tie a bell on them? :laughing10: I'm glad Eko only had his pride hurt. :D

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
Oooh that could have been bad, but I can just picture the look he gave him, the evil bird eye hahaha!

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I'm glad everything was okay, how scary! With my littles, budgies, it's one of the reasons I keep them flighted. They still find trouble, but they're not underfoot. I don't know what I would do if I accidentally hurt them by stepping on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.