• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Does anyone else have a green cheek that has mastered an ear splitting shriek? Whenever there's a noise she doesn't like or gets excited Piper makes this high pierced shriek that literally makes my ears ring. She's the most vocal of my pair so she tends to make all sorts of noises, but that one is the most surprising just because of the volume.

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
Taz may give Piper a run for the most ear splitting shriek.
Mitzi

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Carlton does this beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep (on and on) at the very top of his lungs but I have a sun conure so kinda hard to judge properly...lol.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Hehehe Piper sounds like a really loud drawn out squeaky toy most of the time. It's just the ear piercing shrill call when I run the water that makes me grit my teeth.

LittleGems

Rollerblading along the road
Pirate does a horrible high pitched and very loud "EEE EEE EEE EEE EEE" alarm call. She does this mostly if she sees me with the broom, mop or vacuum, or if she sees me eating food without sharing with her! My other GCC and my CBC thankfully do not make that noise too!

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I have a loud jealous female sun, need I say more???:hehe:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Yep, Bailey has got that down to a tee. The first time I heard it, it made my ears bleed (not literally). Its the most shrillest, ear piercing noises ever. Thankfully, he doesnt do it too often, although he is doing it more since the Malakai moved in 6wks ago

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Oh how I dread the EEE EEE EEE EEE alarm call. That's usually followed by two feathered missiles darting past my head, looping around the living room, into the kitchen and then back to where they were to pretend nothing happened.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh how I dread the EEE EEE EEE EEE alarm call. That's usually followed by two feathered missiles darting past my head, looping around the living room, into the kitchen and then back to where they were to pretend nothing happened.
Just imagine four of them shooting off for the center of the room and splitting off when they realize they're all heading for the same spot. I just have to freeze and not become a flying barrier; then headcount to make sure everyone is in their appropriate zone so no fighting breaks out.:eek:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yup,Nala has a really ear piercing shriek that she saves for random times just to keep me on my toes. Once she starts she wont stop for a least 2 mins stright,its quite painful.

tippa

Walking the driveway
Here is a video sample of mine making noises. I have since this video added another GCC and they've all mastered the art of screaming and it's even louder now.:hehe:. Some days the screaming seemed to go on forever:crying: Beautiful sound of nature. - YouTube

Last edited:

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I think Aratinga conures win hands down in the 'loudest volume per gram' in the parrot family. However, I believe Pyrrha (sp?) conures can give them a run for the money. I think their ear ringing SCREECH is the real reason why Nandays have been reclassified as Aratingas. :D

gritsinct

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cathy
One of my new GCCs is VERY vocal... the fun part is that he is already saying lots of words... but the down side is that ear piercing screech he does fairly frequently. Unfortunately, he has taught the other two the awful noise as well - so once he gets started they all join in! :jawdrop: Luckily it usually doesn't last too long. :D

Last edited:

Dallas

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dallas
Yes! I love that I'm hearing the same things from different people. Peanut and now Andra do this when they want some of MY food, if there is something loud on the tv or computer that they 'don't' like (if they do like it, they just dance), if they get spooked, and occasionally just at seemingly random times. It doesn't bother me most of the time, but anyone else in the house thinks they're dying. :) I know they're just throwing a tiny tantrum, or just trying to get my attention. (Unless they get spooked, then I try and calm them down while looking around for the home invader they are screeching at, then I'm on edge for a few minutes! lol)

BIPE02

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I've only had mine for a week, and I hope he doesn't master these noises...he just makes more of squawks for now...the loudest I hear him is in the morning and at night when I cover him...and like I said in another forum, he sounds like a jungle duck (like a duck squawk but with a jungle flavor to it LOL). Nothing high pitched at all for now *crosses fingers* Very grave-ly.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Ohhh, yes. Lior's primary trigger for this? Hearing Pogi (my male tiel) whistling. :eek:

:tiel5:: Whistle whistle whistle...:innocent:

:bcc:: RRRRAAAACK!

:tiel5:: ...:confused: ...

:tiel5:: ...Whistle? whistle whistle whistle! :innocent:

:bcc:: RRRRAAAACK! RRRRRAAACK! RRRRAAAACCKK!

Revving

Sitting on the front steps
On another sweet noise note, My FS is making soft 'clicking' sound when i get very close to him so he can peck softly my nose and hair and he brush the side of its head on my cheeks. Clicking sound is not coming from the beek at all. "sounds" like a friendly and cuttly sign. Does anyone's conure do this to?

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Ooh cheek rubbing = you are my mate loves! ;)

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
I must be lucky. I have hardly ever heard Yoshi make a single noise unless I frighten him (and normally its just a tiny squeek). He was loud as a baby since he was ALWAYS wanting more formula, but after weaning, he got really quiet. He is by far my quietest bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.