• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

CONURE Crashed into glass door.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Glad she's fine!!!! :dance4:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I shall look into the Millenium one. Links Road is the one I go to, the one that denied me vet care despite emergency, offers of more money and much begging. :mad:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for your well wishes everyone! I can't believe she bounced back so quickly. Josie's as active as ever now. She's just finished dancing to some Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack music :D

:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

Mexy52

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Denise
this happend to me before. there's a sun conure i have that came to me that use to fly around the house to chase me down to bite me. one day she flew around and i ducked and she ended up flying around too fast and flew into the window. she was spinning in circles one foot stuck in the air and one wing stuck straight out. i didnt touch her. i was sure it was a seizure and i needed to let it pass and i didnt want her to flutter around. i waited for about 2 minute and i scooped her up. i closed her wing and had to hold it closed because it would stay open. after the first 5 minutes she was more conscious but still not quite there. she wasnt biting me and i just cradled her for a few hours on the couch. i decided to put her in the cage and lay her in her bed which is a hanging hammock and she stayed with the other 2 conures in there with her. she didnt really move much and in these cases there isnt much you can do. just make sure she doesnt move much to strain her blood flow because she could have swelling in her head. i would stay away from her if your's main mission is to bite you like mine is. i know she must have been having a fit sitting in my arms and me petting her and her not be able to attack me. she just glared at me "if i could move right now you wouldnt have fingers!!!" the next day she was walking around but one foot wasnt being used correctly. she had to retrain herself to use it. for 1 days it was closed and she didnt open her feet. by the 2nd day she was back to normal and bathing in her water bowl. so as long as shes showing signs going back to normal i have high hopes for you
:hug8:

Rabbit

Walking the driveway
So glad to hear she is alright!

My cockatiel and budgies are flighted, and the first time I heard that loud *smack* against the windows, I went out and bought very very thin curtains, ones that are a bit see-through, to draw over the windows when they are out and about. They are very light, still allow a lot of sunlight through, and give the birds a visual barrier. With a bit of practice it has worked out very well for us, and they look so airy and pretty in the living room!

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
So glad she's okay!!!

Piccha

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I shall look into the Millenium one. Links Road is the one I go to, the one that denied me vet care despite emergency, offers of more money and much begging. :mad:

So glad to know that she's ok. Millennium is good. I like them so far. Avian vet is not there every day so it's good to have the other number on hand (not links) just in case.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so glad she is ok!!!!!