• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Conure constant puking

PamBeasley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christine
Our conure is vomiting up streams of milky colored liquid. About to contact out vet.. what should we do in the meantime he won't stop and it's coming out in large amounts

edit: he's sneezing and closing his eyes please help

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Bump. I'm not sure there is a lot you can do at home beyond helping him warm until you get him to the vet

@Hankmacaw @enigma731 ?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Do as Enigma says. If you can't, a small amount of Pepto Bismol may settle his crop.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Any updates yet?

PamBeasley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christine
@Mizzely @enigma731 @Hankmacaw @Shezbug Thank you all so much for responding~ I went to the emergency vet right after posting this. They did x-rays on him and didn't find anything. I can't think of anything he could've possibly gotten into.. he had an apple early in the day which he's familiar with and then stayed with me until I put him back in his cage and he started vomiting. The vet's keeping him overnight and giving him medication and fluids... hopefully he'll be ok. :sad1:

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
So sorry Christine. At least he is in the best place for now. Sending healing thoughts for him and that you can pick him up tomorrow. :sadhug2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery for your little feather butt.

PamBeasley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christine
So sorry Christine. At least he is in the best place for now. Sending healing thoughts for him and that you can pick him up tomorrow. :sadhug2:
Thank you so much for your thoughtful post. I know he's exactly where he needs to be right now, but it helps to hear, especially because I miss him so much.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope he makes a full recovery and can come home tomorrow!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Did they run any tests on him (or are they going to)? He should probably have a CBC and Chem Pane and swabs/gram stains to locate any problems with an infection or with his organs.

PamBeasley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christine
@Hankmacaw They did a gram stain and swabs and didn't find anything. X-rays were also clear. He got fluids and an anti-nausea injection.

He's home now, and the moment they took him out to give to us, he started regurgitating. The doctor said it was probably just excitement, and also if he still pukes in the car he's motion sick. He regurgitated a ton of food in the car, and now he's home he's stopped, but he's still a little puffy. He's eating and drinking. Is there anything I should do or is he still getting settled in?

PamBeasley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christine
Here's a picture of him right now.. he's normally less puffed up but he's acting almost normal now.

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Is there any possibility that he got a hold of something he shouldn't eat? Could there be a chance of a toxic fume in your house? Has he been drinking?

PamBeasley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christine
Is there any possibility that he got a hold of something he shouldn't eat? Could there be a chance of a toxic fume in your house? Has he been drinking?
I'm not 100% sure what he could've gotten into... he was on my kitchen counter playing and eating an apple, which he's had before and loves, I kept my eye on him the whole time, and then he was on my shoulder with me and a few minutes I put him back in his cage, he started vomiting. I used a new cleaner the day before so that might've been it. He must've licked some of it while eating the apple :( Other than that, I don't know what he could've gotten into. He's drinking a lot right now.