• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure body language anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
Conure body language anyone? (updated with movie)

So Aros is sitting ontop of his stand and he's screaming at the top of his lungs facing the window and puling his wings out from his body and moving them up and down slightly. I'm working on a video but first i have to find my camera. lol.

Last edited:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Does he see something outside the window? That's what is sounds like to me...an alert call to let you know to take a look!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Sounds like he is alerting his flock about something he sees.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I agree with the others, He just seen something that might of startled him - could of even been his own reflection some time their own reflection startles them

Andy has done it a couple times, His cage is a little bit below the window but when he's up in the top cage he can see, I was in the kitchen yesterday and the tiels (who's cage is a top cage and they get full widow view all the time) went nuts then Andy went nuts - and Andy going nuts is what made me go in the bird room - i'm used to the tiels doing it - but not Andy.. and he was looking out the window contact calling - I couldn't see anything but they sure did - not sure if one of the resident squirrels startled them or what.

Billy does the same thing only about 100 times louder and he usually crouches down and looks all evil - this is how I knew last fall there was a hawk in the tree right outside the window... Billy crouched down head out straight and screamed his lungs off and he did not stop until the hawk was out of sight for about 5 mins

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
i have a GCC and Aros sees something and is letting you know - his calls put mine on alert just listening to your video

it may have been something as simple as a leaf falling - it doesn't take much for the alarm to go off

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
THanks Guys. Aros has stopped. I went to take a shower and didn't realize that the little bugger had jumped onto my robe (i was carying it) and climbed into the pocket. I hung the robe on the hook and took my shower... now the little brat is over heated and sitting back on his bird tower looking at me like it was my fault. OY. what the heck did I do? lol. I just took a shower he's the little bugger who jumped into my pocket. not my bad. He's such a bundle of fun.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
To me that looks like Apple's "come back! I'm about to fly to you!" stance.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I agree with AJ, maybe he saw something he liked!

When Cookie wants to fly to me, or anywhere, she gets the same stance..

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Well, Gingus went into immediate alert when I played your video. She flew straight to my head and joined in the alarm. When it was over, I put her back on the desk, waited a couple of minutes, then replayed it. Back to my head, in full voice! She got the message, what ever it might have been!

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
This is the same body language my Wagler conure and Meyer parrot use when they want something desperately...

Status
Not open for further replies.