• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Come Home Cappuccino! UPDATE

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Also thinking about you

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oh no!! I hope she comes home!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
How awfull! Hopefully you can get your girl back soon!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh no! I just saw this. I hope she comes home soon.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thank you everyone for the great advice and well wishes. Yesterday she tried flying again, but couldn't make it down. She flew into another nearby tree, and you could tell she was exhausted. A short while later she was gone. I can't find her anywhere. I keep calling for her and playing the recording of my other birds, but I don't hear a peep. I believe she either got taken by a hawk or something, fell to the ground somewhere exhausted, or went farther into the forest. She hasn't eaten anything since Thursday night but pine needles, and it's been cold at night. I feel it's hopeless, and that she's gone. I'm so upset. I wish I could just know for sure what happened to her. Every time I feed the birds or take care of them it's heart wrenching. I keep forgetting and put out four bowls of food. I haven't been sleeping well, and I don't feel like eating. I have no focus. I keep thinking about the last time we snuggled, or how she lept out of the tree to come to me, but then just flew in circles. It was so cute how she knew where home was, and never flew too far. I keep thinking about how she was just waiting for me to come get her, and wondering why I wasn't. I feel like I failed her because I couldn't keep her safe.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
i am so sorry. I hope she comes home soon.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry to hear this ..best of luck in finding her :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I wish I could just know for sure what happened to her..... I feel like I failed her because I couldn't keep her safe.

I know this feeling all too well from when I lost Koopa. 2 years later and I am STILL holding out hope I hear ANYTHING just so I know what happened to her.

I have learned though, as hard as it is, that blaming yourself won't bring her back. All I can do is learn from my mistake and move forward for the sake of my other birds.

Now that she is out of sight, it is time to plaster flyers EVERYWHERE that you haven't. If you haven't already contacted local vets and shelters, pet stores etc, it is time to do that NOW. Print out flyers and put them on your car and your relatives cars, etc. The more people see her flyer, the more chances you have of someone seeing her.

Post in your local facebook groups. You will (hopefully, like I was) be amazed at how willing other bird people are to help.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Look for her in low bushes and on the ground, maybe hiding under something, in the area you last saw her...if I was there , I'd help you look..

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry :( You and Cappuccino will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she makes her way home :sadhug2:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
This is so heartbreaking to read, I got tears in my eyes. I cannot really help but I really hope you Will find her! Me and the birds Will be with you in our thoughts:hug5:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh, don't worry, I'm not giving up! I just feel like she's gone in my gut. Putting flyers out today and contacted vets and rescue. I just feel she's on the ground somewhere or that she passed.:sad1:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I am so sorry to hear that she's no longer in sight... I woke up in the middle of the night last night and couldn't fall back asleep because I was thinking about little Cappuccino sitting up in a tree. I was hoping today would be the day you'd be reunited.
:sad6:
We're here for you. I just wish there was more I could do.
:sadhug2:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I don't know what to say, but I'm crying with you. :sad2:
I hope someone found her, or that you soon will.
And like ode.to.parrots say, we are here for you! Always! ♥

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
They get quiet when it gets dusk and tend to roost in and hide and sleep. The first night Lurch was out it was in the high 30s that night and he was fine the next day. He refused to make any noise the next morning in his tree till he finally heard me and woke up and made a question chirp very quietly. I responded and he started calling and getting excited. Once he knew we were watching over him he calmed down and would preen and chew branches and eat the orange pollen pods the fir trees make in the spring.
If she's frightened and trying to hide she might not respond right away as Lurch didn't make a peep in the morning for 45 minutes even with us calling for him and ringing his favorite bell. I thought he'd flown away or gotten eaten and was about to drive away when I heard him so hang in there it's still pretty early and she has the advantage of being a small fast flyer that other wild song birds may allow her to fly with them and they will find food and water.