• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Colors

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Petoskey, greater vasa, was spending some time with me when she became interested in some colored blocks I had laying out. They were in a bag but she seemed interested in one. Test time! I layed out orange, green and yellow.

Her fist choice was ........ORANGE................. her second choice was GREEN..... She could care less about the yellow.

How about your bird? Any special colors? What type of bird? Pet likes my Scarlet so did that influence her color choice as GV are grey!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
When I put the wood in my blue throat macaw's cage, he usually goes for the red blocks and then the blue ones. After that he does not seem to care.

Matt

ZoeyFredrik

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
Sammy and Joey have a thing for the color yellow. It took me a bit, but I finally figured out the cause. When I was hand feeding them, the dish I mixed the food in was yellow. They seem to have associated yellow=food time. Now it seems to be anything yellow=good things. :hehe:

Phoebe and Alexander better watch out... :lol:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
My poor grey bird associates with two red birds (scarlet and ekkie girl). Wonder if that had anything to do with color choice.
She likes food a lot so I would not put that passed her!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I know that Sam hates the color red..

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
About at year ago, E. did favor orange. Now, it doesnt matter as long as he can chew it or take it apart....:rolleyes:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Merlin likes red and orange. She does not like yellow or pink.

Pete loves yellow and purple. He's not fond of orange or red.

I think Rowdy prefers orange and red, but she's not so picky.

Sophie isn't really showing any preferences.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph doesn't seem to have a preference for any particular colors-- but there is one he hates: orange. If something is really bright orange, it deserves a Quaker alarm call. :jawdrop1:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Petoskey, greater vasa, was spending some time with me when she became interested in some colored blocks I had laying out. They were in a bag but she seemed interested in one. Test time! I layed out orange, green and yellow.

Her fist choice was ........ORANGE................. her second choice was GREEN..... She could care less about the yellow.

How about your bird? Any special colors? What type of bird? Pet likes my Scarlet so did that influence her color choice as GV are grey!

Here is a video of my bird doing some color discrimination training

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
That was great Vicki. Mine was not so exciting. Blocks were laying on the table and I sat and watched her actions.
:hilarious:

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Ralphie hates the color pink.....I learned that after he attacked my toes one day :meh:

Then willow HATES red. She gets a mix of fruity pellets and roudybush pellets and she literally launches the red pellets all the way across the room....its only the red pellets too. You don't understand how much she hates the red ones, like she literally can get them all the way across the room. Its quite impressive.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sunny definitely favors the color yellow. Not sure if it's because he is yellow.........?